Danny B

Corrado Crash !!

Oh dear I saw something pretty depressing on the way home from work this evening.

Riding (moped) behind a que of traffic through Brixton (Atlantic Road) and spotted a couple of cars ahead a rather fetching looking green storm......lost it at the next set of lights but then caught it up again at the next zebra crossing where some doughnut in a Crysler Crossover thingy had smashed up its rear.

Rado was still drivable but looked like right off :pale: .... guy who got out looked gutted, anyone on here ?

Nooo :( Wonder if it's someone on here.. sure we'll know about it if it is!

It wasnt that guy that just bought that rado storm with the r32 in was it? :(

He lives in london i think?!?!?!

I wanted to stop but I thought it would be the last thing he would want some guy chatting about his car.

It was much more than a bumper job......rear quarter was caved in by the looks of it.

I think it had all red rears, still the standard leather and solitudes ...... if thats any help identifying it. From the brief look I had it looked in pretty good nick.

I must admit having started driving the rado as a daily I have noticed people don't seem to be as aware of you braking, which I assume is the lack of a high level brake light that they are so used to seeing..

Jay

I must admit having started driving the rado as a daily I have noticed people don't seem to be as aware of you braking, which I assume is the lack of a high level brake light that they are so used to seeing..

Jay

Thats a poor excuse tbh (not you, them!). Even worse when the corrado (well mine at least) seems to attract kn0bbers that like to get too close to you.

I think, although I didnt see what actually happened, the women must have skidded into him as the Rado looked stationary and the hit wasnt square on ..... so she must have tried to swerve before the impact.

Eitherway looked like one of those 'REALLY' annoying taps that turns out quite distructive.

Indeed a bad day for someone.

Makes the big fairy light 3rd brakes off eBay more appealing!

I think it had all red rears,

and there is your problem, the all red rears do look good but they really do not help with the brake lights.

and there is your problem, the all red rears do look good but they really do not help with the brake lights.

Agreed.. one of the reasons I've abandoned such things and just stuck with unmodified OE lights after various experiments with tinted and all red rears, over the years!

Agreed.. one of the reasons I've abandoned such things and just stuck with unmodified OE lights after various experiments with tinted and all red rears, over the years!

we must be getting old mate lol

uhhmmm I'm not so sure.....your right during the day they cannot help, but this was at night when surely the red shines just as bright - no ? I suppose it might depend on how they have been done perhaps.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

I hope the all red rears don't lead to this accident being the fault of the Corrado driver in the eyes of the law / insurance people.

Good point, I could just see an insurance company wriggling their way out like that ..... I really hope that doesnt happen to the poor guy.

No surely not. The Corrado could hae easily been sat at the zebra crossing with no brakes applied. Regardless if the brakes lights were on or not the Chrysler driver should have seen the car in front.

Or it could be that the numpty in the car behind was simply not expecting the other driver to actually give way at a Zebra crossing.

Honestly there are so many near misses on the zebra crossing near where i work and i have been halfway across the crossing on a few occasions when people have driven straight past without even registering the crossing.

Which is exactly also what happens around my waters. A lot of prople get hit from behind, because stupid ignorants don't give a rats ar.. about a full stop etc. I've seen so many accidents because of that and tragically also many deaths.

Best of wishes for the poor guy involved, and may that ar.. that hit him, actually begin to use the brain.

Redfox.

It wasnt that guy that just bought that rado storm with the r32 in was it? :(

He lives in london i think?!?!?!

I can confirm that fortunately this was not me. Sad story to read :(