joebloggsVR69

Top Gear, India special - Weds 8pm

No... tis a weird one. Not much promotion, and a distinctly non-primetime slot in terms of it not being on either Christmas or Boxing Day! I hope it's good!

I've got a bit fed up with Top Gear the last few years, the team are quite good and I like Clarkson for his political incorrectness. I just find the stunts are now very contrived and a little boring. I think they have gone too far away from being a car show and turned into a parody of themselves.

I agree about it being too contrived, and they've moved too far away from being a proper car show. They have also become extremely smug, rather like Gervais/Merchant. Shame.

Will be watching though- the foreign specials are usually excellent.

I suppose it's hard for them to come up with new ideas now. The challenges need to focus more on the merits of the cars themselves again rather than the scripted smashing up and hooliganism. The early Top Gear challenges were brilliant for the reason the cars were interesting.

i did enjoy this one though.

I do laugh at these but found it a real shame what they did to the mini. I do hope it was switched half way through or was a damaged one to start with!!

It felt tired and forced.

Shame they destroyed some very tidy cars, its better when they get sheds as you know they are on their last legs.

Only funny bit was May getting his revenge by breaking Clarkson's knob!

It felt tired and forced.

Shame they destroyed some very tidy cars, its better when they get sheds as you know they are on their last legs.

Only funny bit was May getting his revenge by breaking Clarkson's knob!

Exactly- was pretty lacklustre :( I laughed at the brakes/horn, but that was about it. The whole train/dinner party section was awful. Agree about the cars too- such a waste :(

Maybe that's why they've done nothing to actively advertise it. Because it was pretty pants.

I do genuinely enjoy their foreign adventures and will happily watch a few of them several times. This one won't be one of those!

I sat in and watched it too.... mildly entertaining but what a shame to waste some solid looking (from what I could see) cars.

Best bit has to be the scenery & a reminder to go to India!!

I sat in and watched it too.... mildly entertaining but what a shame to waste some solid looking (from what I could see) cars.

Best bit has to be the scenery & a reminder to go to India!!

Guess you are looking forward to Delhi Belly and the driving !!!!

Mildly entertaining, but in common with many ongoing long term shows, this I feel has lost allot of its lustre. Whilst i have no particular desire to visit India, some of the views were stunning. I did laugh however at the connection of May's brakes to the horn! It reminded me of when I did the same deed,many years ago,to my brother in laws wedding day get away car!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk