Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Twitchy rear end, slip sliding away.

Not sure if it's my cheap temporary tyres or not, but I just had a MAJOR rear end step out on a wet round about, followed by a full on opposite lock slide right across both lanes and into a petrol station forecourt that I had no intention or entering!, all at about 30mph!!WTF??

Diesel spill maybe?.... (a big killer of those on two wheels). Bet that looked impressive though, could have been worse, I remember there was a petrol station a few years ago near Essex / Cambs I think that went up in a mushroom cloud when someone crashed in to a pump.....

I remember there was a petrol station a few years ago near Essex / Cambs I think that went up in a mushroom cloud when someone crashed in to a pump.....

Yeah it was on the A14 between Cambridge and Huntingdon... a big HGV ploughed straight into the pumps. They eventually rebuilt it and it now has a sign saying "no HGV's" :lol:

As for your grip definitely check your pressures, even cheap rubber shouldn't do that...

That's exactly how I wrote my first Corrado off... except there was no petrol station but a field instead... :oops: :cry:

Check tyre pressures, rear wheel bearings and rear axle bushes...

Glad to hear you avoided bending yours though... 8)

Prolly your cheap skanky temporary tyres, get them off there ASAP. I've never had any such incidents in mine and I really throw it round corners. But then I do have Bridgestones, new rear axle bushes, Konis, H&Rs and a Neuspeed ARB :-)

i get that in mine........but then i do have falken bla bla bla on the back and yoko a539 on the front....oh...and I have 250lb rear springs.

Strange that you don't get the same level of grip out of the £9.99 Kiwk fit tyre than you do out of a £60 Bridgie....

I think it's the tyres

those wheels are only on there until I fit the 5 stud hubs.

I have BF Goodrich profiler G's on the front, but a yoko a510 on the OS rear, and a powy good year thing on the NS rear. it's a minging tyre, utter sh1te in the wet. this is the third time I've had it step out on a wet round about, and one on a bend, always right hand corners on the wet.

I'm going to swap the rear wheels over.

they're coming off at easter anyway, then the polished speedlines are going on, with brand new michelin pilots all round.

I'll just have to go steady in the wet until then...it's like driving on ice some days... :roll: