Nick 17

Newbie from South Wales. VR6 bought off here :)

Hello everybody my name is nick 21 years old and the proud owner of a vr6 corrado

I bought the car of a gentleman called Andy and what a well maintained looked after car it is.

I got into corrados' after my friend stu took me out in his dragon vr6 and i have wanted one ever since.

We were looking for around 2 months for a good one to come up when we were met with Andys car. We made one swift phone call and the next morning we set off for Fareham. We got down to the car and it was in superb condition for the mileage age and price of the car. After a test drive and a cup of tea later a deal was made and we set off on our journey home. On the journey home the car was awesome....however one miss hap occured with the radiator temperatue sensor having being broken the car began to overheat in the queue for the severn bridge...but once home the sensor was changed and all is now great.

the car has been cleaned numerous times and is off the road for now while litttle niggles get sorted out.

The car car could do with a respray on the bonnet or a new bonnet but unsure which to do at the moment.

Any help advice or criticism will be taken on board and suggestions of what to do and be sorted aswell

Here are some pictures.....she is a storm grey

ArrivalatPRFC.jpg

Arrival2.jpg

Arrival3.jpg

arrival4.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality i will take some better ones once car is fully on the road and look forward to some shows/meets :)

Thanks for looking :)

Hallo and welcome!

Solid looking car from the pictures, must be on lower suspension judging by the ride height.

Spec list is

Koni adjustable dampers

HR 40mm springs

Stainless steel cat-back

Eibach rear anti roll bar

288mm leon front disc brakes

MK4 golf rear discs and calipers

Slightly modified throttle body

Uprated speakers with amp and 6cd changer in the boot.

I may have missed a thing or 2 more however

:)

The inside is immaculate original mats etc......such a smart smart car.....inside only heater levels 3 and 4 work also vanity light in passenger sun visor doesnt work that is how niggly i have to be to find a downside to the inside :)

Not sure how I missed this before... I'm getting tempted to go back to speedlines on mine based on these pics. Looks lovely.

How embarassing i cant believe.i havent seen yours...i have bought.and put on the same wheels as you :( i love the storm grey mind :)

Haha. Actually your pics have been very useful. As I just mentioned, I'm tempted to get the speedies refurbed and use them as winter wheels. Also I'm quite tempted to put amber side indicators back on and your pics show both.

Agreed on the Storm grey love though :) But to be honest I don't think there are many colours that don't suit the Corrado.

Edited by Portent

I have the 288mm brakes behind them and they look menacing....speedlines will always look good but i thought id try be a little different turns out im anything but lol....I need to find a new bonnet in storm grey or a good sprayer as from motorway miles all stone chipped and a little rust has come through....there seems to be no storm grey parts around however :(

Yes it's a fairly rare colour (although there seem to be a few of them popping up in the last few months). I think they were only a 1994 colour which explains why they are not that common. Just find a good bonnet (or use yours) and get it resprayed. You'll end up with a better result than another old bonnet that happens to be the right colour but is equally old and stone chipped. Mine needs a bit of a font end tidy up too.

I need your brake upgrade. Mine are standard and remind me very much of my old mk2 Scirocco GTX back in the early 90's... i.e. shocking compared to modern standards :D

I see you have aero wipers too. Something else I keep meaning to get around to.

The brakes are awesome on it mate and there is good feedback from them to :)

You have a good point i just don't want anyone doing it but then making it worse :(

Do you go to many shows etc?

I've had mine less than a year... despite nearly buying a brand new Storm in 1995 and unfortunately not doing so at the time (long story) :)

So I've only been to a couple of shows. I went to GTI International last year and one of the Pistonheads shows. I hope to be at more this year although kids and a very busy job gets in the way a bit.

But owning a Corrado is only half the fun. This forum is a fantastic place and it's amazing how much people help each other out on here. So you've got some good times ahead :)

No way...unlike yourself i'm only a pup with no children and only uni and part time work of course to attend to so im hoping to attend a few shows this coming year....i have seen a few threads in which people are helpful and genrous to others and looking forward to experiencing it all for myself :)

nice to see someone else from cardiff :D looks like you've got yourself a stunner there, good job. have to admit feeling a little jealous that you can afford a VR at 21..

i'm 20 with a 1.8 and the insurance is pricey enough as it is!!!!