robrado974

Fuel leak . Pipes still available ?

Reversed the vr off the drive this morning and noticed fuel all over the road .Opened the bonnet and it looks like one of the two pipes leading to the fuel rail is leaking , there is a fine spray hitting the underside of the airbox plastic tube .Waiting for matt to arrive so i can start the car and he can see where its coming from . Are these pipes still available ? Thanks Rob .

We've had a look and the top pipe has been rubbing on the MAF. So as Rob asks, are these pipes available guys please?

They were still available when i got mine about 8 months back if it helps, be seated comfortably when you pay for them though - about £90 for the two from memory

Where to buy = Suppliers!

Once more and I'll automatically program the forum to turn every 3rd word you type into 'flange' .... !! :grin:

Where to buy = Suppliers!

Once more and I'll automatically program the forum to turn every 3rd word you type into 'flange' .... !! :grin:

Bah Humbug Tom!!!!!

Easy

With cold engine and ignition off, remove airbox if std, pair of pliers and move clips back a few inches on fuel hoses, try turning hose and if ok remove and replace hose.

If hose is stubbarn: use a coolant hose hook to loosen pipe or cut pipe down its length and remove.

refit new hose making sure the clips are on the new hose, bit of wd40 or similar on fuel rail - bit of foreplay will make it easier to slide hose fully in place.

Refit, wipe clean and turn on ignition. check for leaks, start engine and visually check.

Worth checking the other hose while your there though - any doubt change it asap.

i used some 8mm (iirc) fuel pipe from Halfords with some proper pipe clips, not jubilees. That was about 4 years back and they're still fine. Only cost about £10 all in. They're not moulded to shhape though so you'll have to just bend it accordingly, which isn't a problem and no kinks form either.

Thanks for the info winchbietch, guess i have to trace it back to where it conects with the metal pipe under the car .presume the rubber pipe starts just above floor pan level .Hasan thanks aswell ,i will have a look at halfords tommorow, bit of luck they will have it and i can fix on sunday mabe .

Is the VR6 fuel line definitely 8mm anyone? Found mine leaking after replacing them with the Halfords pipe only a year ago I recon, a big split and pipes look all cracked, not good. Was spraying onto the exhaust manifold, left it running then came back and opened bay to check, could have been bye bye rado.

Phoned the dealers and apparently they only make one of them now. Don't really want to risk the Halfords again, has anyone found anyone else who can supply them? Thanks.

shouldnt have cracked at all, especially in 1 year. I fitted mine about 4 years ago and they're still fine. Might be 6mm (although i'm sure it was 8mm), i'll check my records tomorrow and let you know unless someone else can confirm sooner.

Cheers, maybe a faulty piece of pipe then, though wondered because of the angles the pipe goes round its being over-stressed. I don't have the originals now, otherwise I would have taken them to a hydraulics company to make some proper ones up..

Yep they are a 8mm as hasan says . Mine came from revs west , halfords proberbly the same make . Tps price is £40.00 !!!

anyone know if they are 8mm on 16v to? gotta make some hose and connectors up tomorrow :0