UseOnceDestroy

Any coppers here? Need advice please!

I got stopped a couple of weeks back for incorrect number plates. He gave me a £60 fine and made me take my MOT certificate to my local cop shop coz their system had failed to show my MOT.

So I took my MOT there the next day but I couldn't afford to pay the fine straight away. Gone to look for the ticket today, can't find it. So I phone the ticket office, explained the situation... and the bloke tells me there is nothing on the system linked to my Registration plate. So I ask what I can do, as I have lost the ticket. He tells me I'll have to pay £120 when the time limit expires if the fine is put onto the system. To which I replied (and I'm not 100% on this), well I am not obliged to take any paperwork from the officer so if I hadn't accepted the paperwork, he would have had to put the fine through the system and contacted me in an alternative fashion anyway. I asked the bloke for his assigned number and I've recorded the time and date of the phone call. I have phone citizens advice and they're not sure.

Can anyone help?

Have I somehow got away with it or am I about to be double ****ed?

If you ring the Police station area where you were stopped rather than the ticket office, explain the situation and ask that they check to see which officer was the last to put your registration through the computer on the date in question.

Then ask they send that officer a message to contact you regarding the fact you've lost the ticket and that the central ticket office have no record. Needs to be done asap though or you'll end up paying the increased amount.

Not really helpful advice to tell you to wait until the time limit expires and pay more!

Don't write it off and just assume it's one of those things that will go away. In my experience, things like this rarely tend to and the more you sit on it the more pressured you'll be to make a decision when push comes to shove!

When you went in to produce your MOT they probably filled in something called a HO/RT2 which is basically a form used to record the details of whatever you're producing. If you had your ticket when you went to produce your MOT then the ticket number will probably have been recorded on the HO/RT2. If so then go back to that police station and get them to look in the HO/RT2 log and tell you your ticket number.

Cheers for all your input...

Had a phone call from the ticket office from a (please excuse my stars) right snooty ****!

"Hello Mr Simpson, I hear you spoke to a colleague of mine today and you are refusing to pay your fine, he also tells me you refused to give him your contact details" ...

So as you can imagine, this snooty bitch got a right ear full. I explained the situation again, told her that I was phoning to pay my fine and her colleague had told me there was nothing on the system and I'd asked for other avenues to proceed with payment, and that the little twerp hadn't asked me for my details etc... seemed to me that he wanted to cover his mistakes so fabricated a story. To which she replies that I had confused the situation... so she received another ear full. She then went on to tell me that my ticket had just this minute come through the system, I asked her why it had taken 3 weeks and asked whether she thought it was a bit of a coincidence that my ticket had just been processed after my phone call earlier in the day! She assured me that sometimes it takes a long time for them to process a ticket and it was in fact a mere coincidence that my ticket had been processed. I thanked her very much. I didn't mean it. But shhhhh, she might hear us.

Anyway, now I can pay the fine and everything is right in my world again...

Cheers again for all your views on the matter!

The Bmth cops are hot at the moment....

I got a fine for the spacing on my plate, pulled over, thankfully driving sensibly as just started the car - phew as they appeared from out of the blue, literally!

They said to me it's incase this car was stolen, '' you dont see many of these now that are mint and as there is no spamp on the bottom and illegal spacing they could be fabricated plates''. He then went on how he had a vr6 Golf and always wanted a Corrado! Funny thing was, when he walked up to the drivers door, he couldn't work out how to open my door! lol

Going to post a meet suggestion soon when the rado is back.

That might be the cop that pulled me over in poole rams, i wont divulge what spped i was doing but suffice to say he was very lenient. He went on about how he'd always loved corrados and loved the sound of my vr as i went past but he only ever had a golf.

Up for a meet soon, theres quite a few vr's around bournemouth poole. i was thinking we could maybe arrange a rr day or something ni the south? any sorry for hi jacking :)