Sign in to follow this  
Krazee

Update from across the pond.....03-9-05

You've got a number plate light out... ;) :lol:

Nice looking car you've got there though... 8) I'm a sucker for Red 'rado's ever since my first one... 8)

nice looking car mate. Are those sidelights on the front bumper atandard on US spec cars? Looks very sweet :)

Yeah, those side lights on the bumper are standard here in the US. The dont operate as turn-signals however, they just turn on with the headlights. More noticeable at night I suppose. Here in the US, we want to ditch them, but apparently you folks want them? :D Wierd how that all happens :lol:

After Accident....car ran a red light and I hit him :( His fault...insurance pay out enabled me to pick up another red VR 6 days later.

131-3124_IMG.JPG

131-3127_IMG.JPG

I dont have pics of the new one yet, but its a red VR, black leather, 137k miles, bought it from the second owner. For a 137k, it only threw 1 VAG code, an ABS sensor. Replaced that and everything is running great :) The bad part about my old car is that 2 weeks before accident I had installed 263 cams, 268 chip, and ported TB....and best part, the wheels you see (16" RS4 replicas) were only on my car for 15hrs. A shame.

Plans abound from the new one. Next week it goes in for paint and the motor gets shipped out for a rebuild...being done by yellowslc...he posted his sick project on here. Here is something to get y'all started :lol:

Custom Brakes:

FRONTS

kitPhoto3.jpg

REARS

kitPhoto2.jpg

MORE TO COME!!!!!!

Ouch - it always hurts to see another Corrado taken off the road :(

Tasty brakes there though!! :D

ooohh hlove those brakes!!!! how much did they set you back if i can ask such a bold question?

cant you ask to take the wheels, cams and TB and ECU off the crashed car???

now that's a proper set of brakes! 8) :shocked!:

Really sad to see such a nice 'rado smashed up like that by some muppet who can't even understand a red light... :( glad you were OK and the insurance sorted it out so quickly though.... 8)

red lights in usa dont always mean the same though...like you can turn left through a red if nothing is coming :shock: :lol:

yanks :lol: ...thats said im actually going out with one so there not all bad :roll:

The cool thing about red lights in the US, is not just that they don't mean the same as over here, it's that they don't mean the same from state to state.

And the sign that tells you what the rule is, is written in 2cm high lettering on a small sign on the OTHER side of the road (admittedly ahead of you), but that's sometimes over 7 lanes of traffic away, and you're supposed to be able to read it! :)

The only good thing I ever found about navigating in the US was the grid/block system in the cities, and the fact that all signs will indicate a direction - i.e. North/South/East/West. Other than that the signage is pretty poor compared to the stuff we have in the UK.

IMHO. ;)

Ouch- that Vr you had really looked stunning if i imagine it without the damage...glad it only took 6days for a replacement and it's in good hands if BoostedDubs is doin the work mate.

Them brakes are just enormous...love to imagine the power you have to match them :)

Thats a lot of plans! should be pretty nice once complete tho... don't agree with the bonnet vent (hood is bonnet right?) but each to their own as they say :) either way will be a very nice car! Shame about the last one, that looked pretty nice, especially with the new wheels on :(

Brakes are in, everything except the rear rotors. I test fitted everything on my 16" RS4 replicas and we're good to go. It all fits! YAY! I will post pics tomorrow

justa dafty question

what octane is the fuel in the states ?

Hey Jedi I had a laughed at your turn left on a red :oops:

nice one all

chubbster