emu

What VW use as a door water membrane glue ??

In a middle of replacing door polypropylene membrane (foil) and I like the idea of sticky glue. Don't really want to use any silicone etc and like it to be waterproof as I'm fed up drying my carpet every few days so...... if anybody know what VW is using to glue water membrane on front doors I will be thankful.

I've got a roll of the stuff, it's a bit thicker than the OEM but does the job. How much do you need?

Ebay :D

To be honest, the last time I did door membranes I just gaffer taped some plastic sheet over the hole and it's been fine ever since. Unlike the MK2 Golf, inner door sealing isn't quite so critical on the Corrado. I ran the car for a while with no membrane at all when developing some door pods and no water ever got into the car.

Ebay :D

To be honest, the last time I did door membranes I just gaffer taped some plastic sheet over the hole and it's been fine ever since. Unlike the MK2 Golf, inner door sealing isn't quite so critical on the Corrado. I ran the car for a while with no membrane at all when developing some door pods and no water ever got into the car.

wow, how's that ?? I left my car without membrane for one rainy night and ended up having 2cm of water on a floor.

The $tealers sell 3M butyl on a roll (p/n at top of page), and it's more than enough for both doors.

Was about £16 for 5mtrs

Which is comparable to some of the ebay prices I've seen and 3M is pretty much the best there is.

wow, how's that ?? I left my car without membrane for one rainy night and ended up having 2cm of water on a floor.

I had no membranes for over 2 weeks and I certainly didn't get 2cm of water in the car!! I park on level ground and my exterior wiper seals are new. Very little water seems to get inside my doors when hosed :shrug: