Rorgasm

Could Someone Shed Light On My Fog Light Switches.

Morning all

Was hoping someone could shed some light on my fog light switches.

I have two Fog light switches on my dash, both light up when I push them but only my front fogs come on. One of the fog light switches seems to turn the other switch on but still no change, just the front fogs come on. The switchers don’t seem to be Left & Right front fogs so im assuming it’s front & back Fogs???

I’ve had a look in my Bentley manual & it doesn’t say anything about rear fogs (haven’t check wiring diagram though).

Thought I’d check as it’s M.O.T day tomorrow & don’t wanna be outside with my multimeter all day

You should have only one switch, first click turns the fronts on, second click turns the rear on !

There's only one bulb in the rear, have you checked it's not blown ?

One is front fogs and and the other is back fogs - the fronts will only come on if the headlights are on (dipped or full) and the rears will only come on if the fronts are already on (the switches only light up when they're active, so if you push the front fog switch, it won't light up until you put the headlights on and the fogs are activated).

You should have only one switch, first click turns the fronts on, second click turns the rear on !

Pretty sure I have one either side - different before the facelift?

If your rear fogs aren't lighting up (the two inner red patches, on the tailgate) I'd check the fuse/relay first, could be an easy one :) Disclaimer: the above is from memory!

Stone

Cheer guys, thought it must have rear fogs. Quick inspection in daylight & a wiggle of the wires showed an intermitant connection. Annoying as it is, best outcome. recrimped & all is well:thumbleft:

Now for the reverse light that isn't working (it isn't the bulb)........any ideas???

Rory

I think your right Dubnut. Any info i find states it's not needed.

where is the switch located? is it accessable if i take the gator & surround off??

Rory

Reverse light switch is a round black box on top of the gearbox itself - 2 wires going to it.

it looks like a little black top hat, and has the switch itself in the top hat assembly - if i recall correctly, it all gets replaced if you buy a new one, so don't bother trying to remove the switch from the black plastic housing.

I'm sure mine has two fog lights at the rear? Should it only have the one? :scratch: