Jim Bowen

Vanishing Corrados?

We're probably all related to your cuz tentonhammer. Gets worse the nearer you get to Norwich!

When I first had a rado about 7 years ago they were a rare sight, now mega rare. Did see one the other day on the way to work though, I nice ice violet in Wall Heath (west Midlands). Was quite shocked about that.

Mine will be an irregular driver very soon though, the T5 is getting a new engine, and to be honest, for general driving I prefer the driving position as I can see more of what is going on. Also I am less likely to hoon about in the T5

Really not a lot left now. This site shows only 58 autos left (and none of the 40 auto Storms!) - even though the DVLA data isn't always quite right and some could be SORN that's not many!

My auto's staying auto :)

G60 is the rarest model holy crap(by a large margin) ??? mine is a keeper and soon to join the sorned G60 bunch for some resto work over the crappy weather...

VW Corrado is becoming a very rare site on the road now, last volks meet in camridge i went to i was the only corrado there in NOV and bofore that it was me and Abdul's (ice violot) 16v in OCT which was stunning on schmid Lines...

personally i like being the lonly corrado on the road i always think everyone else looks at me with green envious eyes as they are very good looking and sound wicked...

I have been meaning to post similar to 3corsameals original post about the diminishing number of rados on Pistonheads.

Defo noticed this over the past year ...... 2 years ago my mate was ribbing me about how 'common' rados were as there were 70 for sale on P'Heads, as opposed to 10 Audi 80's (which he was searching for at the time).

Theres hardly any rados now and I couldnt give a toss how many 80's there are.

I would not use Pistonheads as the criteria, a year ago you could advertise for free, when I last looked you could not, they were all premium adverts. EBay is running at similar levels as before.

They can't be that rare. I went to my local VW dealer today and ordered some carpets for the Corrado and the guy said he'd only just sold a set the previous week. I was gob smacked. I'm going to have to find something less common to drive lol.

I would not use Pistonheads as the criteria, a year ago you could advertise for free, when I last looked you could not, they were all premium adverts. EBay is running at similar levels as before.

......thats a very good point.

Where are all the nice rado's hiding people?

There used to be a selection of nice rado's to buy, I haven't found one yet, makes me sad...

Where are all the nice rado's hiding people?

There used to be a selection of nice rado's to buy, I haven't found one yet, makes me sad...

There was a lovely grey VR6 with black leather on here which sold within days. I think that's a symptom of the times that good stuff will go quickly but anything non-OEM will hang around a while.

I had a bit of a "moment" recently. I looked around and tried to understand why I would want to have an old car. I considered selling very briefly. Then the kids persuaded me to take them out for a night drive ("No dad we want to go out in the Corrado"). Half way through the drive I parked up and with the engine still running I got out and helped the kids swap seats. Just looking at it under the street lights I realised what a lovely thing I have, even if it sits in the garage most nights. It's worth nearly nothing in monetary terms and most people would probably look on it as simply an old car. But the look, the noise, there is something that makes me smile every time I get in it.

Personally I think 2012 and 2013 is the last throw of the dice. Either get a good one now or watch the good cars climb out of reach.

Edited by Portent

It's worth nearly nothing in monetary terms and most people would probably look on it as simply an old car. But the look, the noise, there is something that makes me smile every time I get in it.

Portent - Totally agree. I get this every time I put my foot on the gas. Even the missus admitted "that's one f*cking sexy car babe" although she doesn't like the ride much (rigid suspension - respectfully lowered, with low profile Falkens will do it) but she's not driving - I am :cool:

Ten Ton

I saw a Mk2 Gti on the road for the first time in a while tonight, bloody 20vt job, still managed to keep up with him though in the Corrado. He was being a bit of dick though revving his engine stationary and boucing it off the limiter. So I did not raise to the bait and went in another direction before I got dragged into showing him the VR legs and then getting banned for speeding. I am getting sensible in my old age!

I saw a Mk2 Gti on the road for the first time in a while tonight, bloody 20vt job, still managed to keep up with him though in the Corrado. He was being a bit of dick though revving his engine stationary and boucing it off the limiter. So I did not raise to the bait and went in another direction before I got dragged into showing him the VR legs and then getting banned for speeding. I am getting sensible in my old age!

Save it for the race track (or quiet road at 5:00 in the morning on your way into work...) ;)