Johnny H

Changing the door speakers?

Hi Guys

This could be a stupid question but i have got some speakers that might fit in the doors but i havent tryed taking the old ones out yet.

Whats the best way to do it??

Just take the mesh out or will i have to take the bottom of the door card off?

Thanks Johnny

the speakers are fixed in from behind, so yes, you will need to remove the door card. I think there is a very comprehensive guide in the Wiki, with detailed pics.

the speakers are fixed in from behind, so yes, you will need to remove the door card. I think there is a very comprehensive guide in the Wiki, with detailed pics.

Do you have a link for that mate cause I cant find it?

Door cards off, door pods off door cards, pop the nuts off that are holding the speakers in. Pop your new speakers on and tap them down with a small mallet or similar then bolt up and refit doorcard.

Honestly it is actually that simple.

Door cards off, door pods off door cards, pop the nuts off that are holding the speakers in. Pop your new speakers on and tap them down with a small mallet or similar then bolt up and refit doorcard.

Honestly it is actually that simple.

sweet thanks. Do you know how to change the ones in the dash mate??

Mine were screwed in but on my old rado they were just sat in place?

Best get rid of the dash speakers completely if your after good sound quality and get some components and fit the tweeters to the little A pillar triangular trims.

I did this and the sound quality is much much better!!!

Mine were screwed in but on my old rado they were just sat in place?

Best get rid of the dash speakers completely if your after good sound quality and get some components and fit the tweeters to the little A pillar triangular trims.

I did this and the sound quality is much much better!!!

Thought about doing this myself - What setup are you running?

Ten Ton

I genuinely thought the dynamat was a bargain, it makes the whole car feel more solid.when I did the first door I did a slam test and the difference was huge. I then put the stuff all over the place in boot,centre console,behind dash,roof lining and anywhere else where panels touched to make them silent.the car rides over bumps really well,and the sound system quality is much improved as the speakers don't buzz any trim at high volume.