Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

g60 fun quiz...

The starts and ends of the fins / scrolls appear to have been cut at a much lower angle than normal?

The 6 bored out holes in the middle don't appear to look normal either?

Does that coil the other way around from a normal one?

Ie, it starts in the middle and then goes ANTI-Clockwise rather than clockwise on a normal scroll? :?

Or am I showing that I've never actually had a proper look inside a charger apart from the photos of mine you sent me Daz?!? :oops:

Em,

The needle bearing in the centre of the displacer looks the same, however, the two semi-cicular holes (one each side) through the centre of the displacer, separated by fins, have been "made" or formed into three circular holes each side of the displacer (looks like extra bit of metal?)

Not sure otherwise.

Cheers,

BigEastsideVWG60

it seems like the scrolls have been chopped and ground down and there are six holes for letting more air in, but the the apex strips would need to be shorter and also the ends filled in, so my guess may be wrong :?

the holes are round not rectangular like the oem ones, Some had four and some had 6 holes. erm does it belong to VW motorsport or something?? of a 16VG60?

I think it only half a scroll too, as it seem to be sitting very close to the floor the scroll start and ends are angle rather than flat but thats been said already. im having a second guess and saying that its been repaired by daz

This is like one of those "How do you keep an idiot in suspense" type posts.

Come on Darren - lets have some answers mate!! :)

You can edit your own posts you know Nigel ;)

Post-whore :p :lol:

yeah but if i do that daz wont get the updated post :p

yes nige is correct its a VERY VERY rare motorsport displacer ... completly differant casting to the one we all know and love.. :-P well done nige free beer for you.. :-P

Errr.....the batteries are missing ........the bit that clamps around the base of your .....is missing and the suction pump is missing. It looks a bit old, do not buy these second hand you dont know where they have been. If you cant afford a new one use lots of antibacterial dissinfectant first.