Sign in to follow this  
VW Corrado 16V

How many Corrados were manufactured?

Sounds right to me - that 97,521 figure used to be on the Karmann website, but I think it's gone now. But 9000 into the UK is the widely accepted figure.

Compare that with when Ford first launched the Ka - they were a little worried 'cos it was only selling about 11,000 a month in the UK :shock: 9000 Corrados sold in the UK over 6-ish years.. :!: :!:

yeah, I think 9,000 is right, it rings a beel, this info was posted a couple of weeks ago on here

Compare that with when Ford first launched the Ka - they were a little worried 'cos it was only selling about 11,000 a month in the UK :shock: 9000 Corrados sold in the UK over 6-ish years.. :!: :!:

That's because you can buy 3 Kas for the price of a VR6 at 1995 prices :?

K

So roll the clock forward to now - you can now buy a VR6 for the price of one Ka. The wonders of depreciation, eh?

Of course, the running costs of one VR are around 1.5 Kas per-year, compared to the running costs of a Ka being about 0.002 VR6s per year...

Dunno about that.....My X girlfriend's Ka needed the following at 48K :-

Steering rack (sore point between you and I eh?)

Clutch

Cat and Exhaust

Starter motor

Battery

And the most surprising, or unsuprising depending on how you look at it - Valve stem seals :shock:

The 1300 OHV engine is not one of Ford's best efforts.

K

Ah, the Ford Kak, beautiful...., scrape a bumper and half the car needs replacing, stick it in reverse and it looks like it's going forward! 'Radical' 'street' designs that look dated in a few years, unlike a certain VW we know about! :lol: