Portent

There seem to be a lot of people selling at the moment

People getting fed up of driving them in the crap weather I imagine. Corrado's aren't the nicest thing in to drive in the winter. I'm rolling around in a 2004 3.0 S-Type with electric everything that cost me a shade under £2000...so i'm not surprised people are selling if they can get £3k+ for a decent VR6. Although they will no doubt regret it when the sun comes out ;)

People getting fed up of driving them in the crap weather I imagine. Corrado's aren't the nicest thing in to drive in the winter. I'm rolling around in a 2004 3.0 S-Type with electric everything that cost me a shade under £2000...so i'm not surprised people are selling if they can get £3k+ for a decent VR6. Although they will no doubt regret it when the sun comes out ;)

It's easy to be allured by a modern car's ability to cosset and shelter you from rough roads. By comparison, Corrados make a meal of even tiny road imperfections, but I like that. I like having to work the car to get the best from it. Nothing modern holds my interest for more than a week. I've had the Corrado 9 years. Draw your own conclusions :D

It's done 9 winters without any issues at all. All a Corrado needs to be a VERY accomplished and enjoyable machine is: GOOD suspension, a chassis overhaul and good tyres, but during the 9 years I've been on here, I seldom see folk investing the required amount of cash to achieve what they want from the car. Either you want the ride quality and handling and invest, or lower your sights and put up with crashiness and rattles. You pays your money.... ;)

Is it just my imagination or does there seem to be a lot of regulars selling up right now?

I spotted a certain Green Storm up for sale yet again!

All a Corrado needs to be a VERY accomplished and enjoyable machine is: GOOD suspension, a chassis overhaul and good tyres

What do you call GOOD suspension? - I have KW V1s, and have completely overhauled the running gear and still find it rattles a lot and can be a bit crashy. Im guessing KW V1s dont fall into the 'good suspension' category although I remember reading a lot of recommendations for them on here.

I spotted a certain Green Storm up for sale yet again!

Shhhh it's a secret!

Steve, v1s are highly regarded. They're supposed to be one of the best fixed rate coilovers.

I love my fk konigsports, ride is as good as it gets for the money IMO, I still get squeaks and rattles though; all 3 of my previous rado's have had the same problems but it is what it is.

Steve, v1s are highly regarded. They're supposed to be one of the best fixed rate coilovers.

My point exactly - Kev was saying that you need to invest in good suspension to prevent crashiness and rattles etc, which I agree on. However I have V1s, which as you say are well regarded, but I still suffer with the rattles etc. So keen to know what he considers good suspension.

I used mine for two weeks solid recently when we had minus temps and it handled it perfeclty well. Didnt feel uncomfortable and was practical enough. If you have a good one with a good comprimise in mods i.e. not too low and heaters working then they are no different to most modern cars. I drove my girlfriends 52 plate Astra and it felt older than the Corrado!!

I am only thining out my collection, I don't want to run the nugget into the ground by using it as a daily and having a Corrado as a daily takes away the fun of tinkering on the 'weekend' car.

I have been perfectly happy using mine daily, rides really well on koni adjustables and h&r springs. Insurance is no bother as got a traders policy and fuel costs are not too bad as my Vr is healthy and does 30 mpg, the T5 is no better on fuel