Imgolfman

RH ZW1's split rims

Cool or uncool? Brought a set today. 4x100 (very rare), 8's front, 9's rears. Uncurbed but very slight laq lift in 2 or 3 places. Good 205/40/17 tyres (good makes but different) all round. How much would you pay? I love them tho :-) [ATTACH]52285[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]52289[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]52293[/ATTACH]

Love the RH ZW1's, are these the ones that where for sale on here?

Any more pics?

They are a pretty cool wheel. No there not, there off the lad I brought the car off. They use to be on the car but he had tucked them away in his garage. How much were the 1's on here up for cuz I'm not 100% there for me? Maybe for sale?? They do look cool tho. [ATTACH]52621[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]52625[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]52629[/ATTACH]

One of the best alloys for corrado, have to put my ones one when weather gets better.

I would say about £450ish but I don't really know how much wheels are worth.

Shame they aren't 5 stud cause I like them, they look really cool

I thought ZW1s were a porsche wheel, which is 5x112?? or 5x130?? No?

Edited by stevef182

I thought ZW1s were a porsche wheel, which is 5x112??

All ZW1 are 5x112 and all of them comes with adapters. Without them you cant fit them at all, even if your car is 5x112, you need 5x112 spacers to fit them what basically makes them universal wheels.

Below picture present original RH adapter 5x112 wheel to 5x100 hub

BTW Porsche are 5x130

brembo6pot6.jpg

Edited by emu

Yes, but his are 4 stud. So if they are a porsche wheel, which porsche had a 4 stud bolt pattern..?

Or were they never a porsche wheel at all and ive just completely made that up?

Edited by stevef182

Just out of interest really - an informative site for porsche.....http://www.944racing.de/felgengewichte.php

ZW1 of course available as 4 x 100, but as already stated relatively rare.

They are 4x100. I do use 20mm 4x100 adapters tho because of the silly off set. Genuine RH wheels as stamped and they are very very rare. 1 set (just wheels, no tyres or adapters tho) on German eBay for 999.00 euros, that's it. They came from Germany originally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just out of interest really - an informative site for porsche.....http://www.944racing.de/felgengewichte.php

ZW1 of course available as 4 x 100, but as already stated relatively rare.

Thanks, interesting for weights etc.

Didnt see anything called a ZW1 though..I'm only asking as I'm curious, not trying to stirr anything. So was the ZW1 originally a porsche wheel? Or did RH manufacture a wheel called the ZW1 which looks like one of the Porsche variants from a 964 turbo?

Edited by stevef182

[ATTACH]52929[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]52933[/ATTACH] For you chaps who think I'm pulling your you no what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clearly I am not making sense. Im not questioning if your wheels are made by RH. What I am asking is;

are RH ZW1 a copy of a porsche wheel? OR did RH manufacture porsche wheels? OR was the ZW1 never a porsche wheel at all?

rh never made them for porsche as the majority of the ZWI's are 5/112, 4/100 and even rarer in 5/100. Think they were just a very good 2 piece porsche inspired alloy wheel.

rh never made them for porsche as the majority of the ZWI's are 5/112, 4/100 and even rarer in 5/100. Think they were just a very good 2 piece porsche inspired alloy wheel.

THANK YOU!! They certainly bear a resemblance to the 964 cup wheels and 993 gt2 ones. I see now they are just a make and model of aftermarket wheel. I often see them with Porsche centre caps, which makes no sense to me at all if theyre not a porche wheel, hence my confusion. Thanks for clarifying.

and i think i'm correct in saying the Porsche alloys were actually made by speedline for the early 90's Porsche 3.6 liter 964/5 chassis, i could be wrong though???

I would say the ZW1 is a design based on the Porsche cup. Some quick googling reveals BBS and Speedline made most of Porsche's wheels.

Beaten to it by Karl :D