swiftkid

Sunroof parts or a full sunroof

Hey, I'm hoping someone has a knackered sunroof just kicking about that I can pilfer parts from. I need the mechanism from the passenger side of the sunroof (the actual slider bits) from a late spec sunroof. Alternatively, if someone has a full late spec sunroof near to Hull for not a lot of money I could be interested, don't need the motor, just the sunroof.

Cheers, Dave

Dave,

About to remove a knackered sunroof mech to fix from the car i'm breaking. Had plans to fix it but if you're interested, make me an offer.

dunno, what are you thinking? At the moment I'm trying to figure out what is causing the problem and I think I've narrowed it down to the slider.

Ideally I liked to get rid of the mech whole but if i can find the source of the problem in this one, buy some repair parts and also salvage some parts for you then that would be ideal.

However happy for you to have the whole mech off me.

I need the same part as Swiftkid (I think) - the cable guide on the passenger side. It's the bit that's snapped in the picture. Can anyone help?

Ta,

Neil

Im in Stockton and I got a new corrado and sunroof stuck up on me so I just switched it with a glass one from my old corrado, so I didn't even bother to look why it was stuck. But if you want it you can just have it cause it's takin up space in the garage.

Right I've been lazy and not sorted this out so I need this part (picture I found on google but its passenger side one I need). Stu thanks for the offer but seeing as you have a sunroof that almost works no point taking it to bits, in fact if you let me know what you need I should have it, unless its the bit I need lol

sliders.jpg

That would be great! Just need that part so postage will be pence, let me know how much you want. cheers

I've found a proper picture of the bit I'm after and it's not the same as what Swiftkid needs. Do you have one of these too?

The picture is from a left-hand drive perspective so I need the opposite side! I'm not sure if the cable can be detached.

I've just stripped mine down and that's the part that's broke on mine NRC the cable doesn't come off unless it's snapped off which is sadly what's happened to both of mine.

I think I'll have that bit NRC, I'll take a picture if I remember tomorrow whilst I'm down at my lockup.

o yea sorry yea the part you showed me the pic of is fine, i got slightly confused which side is which so im gonna send you both then i know you got the right part, pm your adress and hopefully ill get them sent out tomorrow night

Not much point in using old parts for this repair - it will only break again - you can still get everything from VAG, and they do a reasonably prices repair kit that comes with both cables and guides. Once this is fitted, make sure you keep it well lubed with the proper stuff! The hardest part is getting the sunroof cassette out and back in.