JonnyVW

2.9 VR6 - VEGE Engine - 40k - SP263, Neuspeed pulley kit, BMC, 6 branch, Remap

Hey guys,

I'm selling my engine from my Corrado VR6. I bought the car over 2 years ago. I have the receipt proving the new re-conditioned engine from Vege. i also rang the company to verify they did the work....which they had.

I bought the car completely stock and in the past 2 years i have added approx 13k miles and the following upgrades:

Schimmel SP 263 cams

Complete Neuspeed power pulley kit

Thermo inlet gasket

Port and polished TB

BMC CDA

Raceland manifold (heat wrapped)

Stealth remap

In the past 12 months I've also bought: New Air Mass meter, Cam position sensor/hall sender from VW, water temp sensor, Denso Iridium plugs less than 2000 miles old.

Re-enforced plate welded to the sump (for the 'just in case')

I know there's lots more I've bought so will add if I remember.

The engine is completely solid and reliable, clutch and gearbox are silky smooth!!

My mechanic did a compression test and leak down test approx 12 months ago. All came back perfectly healthy.

Honestly...she doesn't miss a beat and pulls like a train from the off!!!

Reason for selling is that I'm going a different route now

For everything listed above - Engine, box, loom and ecu, manifold, Air filter...I want £800 for the lot.

Many thanks!

Jonathan =)

Edited by JonnyVW
Added more items I forget about

Could be interested here buddy. My engine is a bit smokey now on the overrun. I've thinking of R engines but to me that's going to be hard work or expensive. This is a more straight forward option. Not sure what questions I need to ask but can you give any more details and pics please?

Will get some pic's up in the next few days as it's dark by the time I get home. Gimme a call on 07939 318 969 and I'll happily talk you through anything.

Jon =)

I know this is a slight side issue but if you decided to remove any items then I'd be really interested in Neuspeed Pulley Kit.

It's somewhere lying around I hope....I need to have a good search. Got the remap done around 8 months ago. 215hp and 219 torques. Was expecting a little more tbh....but after driving it; it was literally like night and day. The power delivery is awesome, smooth, the engine tone deepened and so far.....haven't come across another VR that's kept up.

Thanks for the chat earlier Jonny, good to talk as they say!

I would provisionally say I would go for it, if you could let us know about the points we talked about at the weekend, that would be great.

I would want to take the complete package mate. Many thanks Matt.

Hey matt, defo good to talk!! =)

You've got first dibs!! I'll send through the information you asked for on saturday!!

Send me your email address when you get a chance!

Jono =)

Thanks for the chat earlier Jonny, good to talk as they say!

I would provisionally say I would go for it, if you could let us know about the points we talked about at the weekend, that would be great.

I would want to take the complete package mate. Many thanks Matt.

Can I have 2nd dibs matey..cant committ 100% yet, but I guess this works well with Matt taking 1st dibs. I'll keep an eye on the thread but if he pulls out let me know.

Matt, why not add all the OBD2 stuff to it before fitting?

Hmmm, maybe but wouldn't the remap with this engine be better than an OBD2 setup?

Probably yes but I'd fit obd2 then map that...

You may aswell get it out the way in one go... :)

If I didn't have my 24v I'd have ripped Johnny's arm off lol. I actually wanted to buy this VR before my storm came up for sale!

i understand that OBD2 is better at managing and adjusting the engine with than OBD1, so some cams shouldnt be too much of an issue for it, so hopefully shoudnt be far off getting some use out of the 263s. Ideally best to get it remapped again as Abdul says, but thats a good few hundred pounds on top!

billy bargain engine.

That's what I said to Johnny. Whoever gets it is one lucky son of a... Lol

Hey Abs, Was good catching up last night. Engine is really good....shame I don't have any use for it now. Can't believe I'm removing a mint VR lump for an ABF!! =S

I'll get a video clip of the engine firing up and driving off for people to see as I'm pulling the engine out over the weekend.

Just to let the people interested know, I've had a few people calling dibs on the complete package. 8vMatt got there first and looking at the time stamps from post and emails....this is the order. (only fair guys)

1st dibs: 8vMatt

2nd dibs: Steve182

3rd dibs: Somersetdub

Many thanks

Jono =)

That's what I said to Johnny. Whoever gets it is one lucky son of a... Lol

If the motor is putting down 215hp in it's current state of tune, it's probably not worth bothering with OBD2. Maybe consider it as a future upgrade. I'd be tempted to put it in as it is as it sounds like a sweet motor.