V-Dubstar

New Breakbeat mix 6th July

Recently started learning to DJ, bought me some decks back in early November last yr and loving it!! Actually played a half hour set at a club beginning of December - only been playing a month then mind haha!!

Got a gig coming up 3rd March in the same club, hour set this time though.

Would love any feedback from this little Electro mix I just recorded!?

http://soundcloud.com/digital-jester/eric

New Breakbeat mix: http://soundcloud.com/digital-jester/breakin-the-ice

***Newest Breakbeat mix***

Edited by V-Dubstar

Crikey. That'll wake you up in a morning.

What are you using, Serato or just CDs/wax ?

Seemed to flow well. It's hard to judge anyones mix craft over an hour. But if it works well in a club, then keep it going. Reading a crowd is another ball game all together though.

Keep the mixes coming.

Lol! Can't get enough of Electro atm, very diversified I think. Just using my CDJ's via USB stick mate!

TBH it's a 11-12 slot so don't think there will be many people about just playing to my mates I imagine but it's all experience ey!!

Nicely done, Chris- pretty smoooove 8)

Electro?! Changed a bit since my day :lol: Haven't heard Flatbeat for ages! I used to listen to all the Streetsounds Electro albums in the 80s, then got into Underground Resistance etc. Have you got any UR stuff? Drexciya- Black Sea, Galaxy 2 Galaxy- Journey of the Dragons etc FTW. Electro thunder! 8)

Nicely done, Chris- pretty smoooove 8)

Electro?! Changed a bit since my day :lol: Haven't heard Flatbeat for ages! I used to listen to all the Streetsounds Electro albums in the 80s, then got into Underground Resistance etc. Have you got any UR stuff? Drexciya- Black Sea, Galaxy 2 Galaxy- Journey of the Dragons etc FTW. Electro thunder! 8)

Thanks mate!! Haha, Electro House, I can't imagine it's very similar to original Electro :) I haven't mate, you'll have to link me up!!

Sounds fantastic. I love my dance music but as I've got older I now prefer the more mellow stuff like the music you hear on Ibiza global radio.

Remember seeing Tim Sheridan in Eden a few years back and that was like your mix on steroids lol.

What do you use to mix with? CDs, decks or some fancy PC software?

Sounds fantastic. I love my dance music but as I've got older I now prefer the more mellow stuff like the music you hear on Ibiza global radio.

Remember seeing Tim Sheridan in Eden a few years back and that was like your mix on steroids lol.

What do you use to mix with? CDs, decks or some fancy PC software?

Thanks mate!! Nice, only been to Ibiza once keep meaning to go back!!

I got me some Pioneer CDJ 900's bud, so CD decks! (Although they have USB input so I stick all my tunes onto that rather than shed loads of CD's)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52745[/ATTACH]

Mmate nice work there liking the smooth transitions. Defo keep them coming.

Been starting to take all my records funky house stuff mainly and put onto ipod as right pain setting the decks up to play some tunes.

Anyway looking forward to further mixes :)

Mmate nice work there liking the smooth transitions. Defo keep them coming.

Been starting to take all my records funky house stuff mainly and put onto ipod as right pain setting the decks up to play some tunes.

Anyway looking forward to further mixes :)

Thanks man I really appreciate that!! :) Why ain't your decks set up all the time then bud? There's a few more on my Soundcloud page if u wanna check 'em out mate, the 'UMU set' has a couple of really funky Electro tunes near the beginning ;)

Sweet mate I'll check them out.

Previous house and current house doesn't have the room but hopefully moving soon which will give me an opportunity to het them back out again :) also neighbours will be quiet as grave yard so won't wake them up ;)

Sweet man u got vinyl turntables? Haha sweet can't wait to move out so I can buy some decent monitors and crank up the volume!! Unfortunately have to listen back on a set of Logitech speakers with a sub box we bought for the TV lol!! Does the job I guess but the quality ain't amazing.

U'll have to excuse the mixes though there's always an error somewhere lol, listening back to that Eric. mix yday I'm noticing all sorts of level issues lol

Yeah vinyl turn tables. Problem is really my speakers are massive so need quite a lot of spave. Used to be quote funny when lived at home could only have the volume between 1 & 1.5 so not to annoy the neighbours too much. My amp is pretty old really in comparison to a lot of gear nowadays but produces good quality so until its knackered want ne changing.

I nearLy sold everything a couple of years back but think I would have regretted it so glad didn't now

powerfull stuff mate! will downloaded that for sure, you got a track listing?

feelin the cheesy piano transition to whhhhapppp whhhhhhappppp whoooooaaaappppp got an arrow in the knee dubstep :)

Haha it's all Electro dude apart from a few bar's of D&B on the Deadmau5 remix, it can be quite savage though and sound similar to Dubstep at times!! A lot of Electro producers actually make a Dubstep or 2 tunes, or vice versa!!

Yeh sure man, here it be:

Flat Beat - Mr.Oizo

We Interrupt This Program - Coburn (Jean Claude Ades Remix)

We Are Now Connected - Mord Fustang

Ghosts n Stuff - Deadmau5 (DiiSTORTiiON edit)

Midnight Moroder - DJ Dank (Darth & Vader Remix)

The Funky Drama - Felguk (FTampa Remix)

Big Red Planet - The S

cheers for the mix list man

dance genre's... not a discussion i'll get into. 20 years ago you could figure it out by bpm, i was into progressive trance and Hi-nrg for years, then just plain old house, no idea what the equivalent is nowadys lol

WOW they are some very nice CD decks you have there mate. I used to mix with vinyl and then went on to cds when i got into psychedelic trance and found it an easy to transfer from one media to the other.

Again not my cup of tea, but sounds good. Always love hearing some one give it a crack :D

Around the 10min mark reminds me of 8 bit music from old computer games... sound awesome haha

cheers for the mix list man

dance genre's... not a discussion i'll get into. 20 years ago you could figure it out by bpm, i was into progressive trance and Hi-nrg for years, then just plain old house, no idea what the equivalent is nowadys lol

No worries dude! Haha yeh I know exactly what u mean, there's so many sub genre's being created it's silly!! I love a bit of Trance me, and partial to a little Hardhouse! More about the bassline though with Jungle, D&B, Breakz and Electro!! :afro:

I've found Hardhouse today differs a bit from hardhouse 10 years ago. Now hardhouse is more like NRG... which could be distinguished from eachother ten years ago... not so much now.

Would be interested to hear some of your hardhouse mixes if you have any?

WOW they are some very nice CD decks you have there mate. I used to mix with vinyl and then went on to cds when i got into psychedelic trance and found it an easy to transfer from one media to the other.

Again not my cup of tea, but sounds good. Always love hearing some one give it a crack :D

Around the 10min mark reminds me of 8 bit music from old computer games... sound awesome haha

Sorry mate could've sworn I'd replied to this as well!! Thanks man, it was a bit of a stretch getting them, even 2nd hand but got a good deal they had hardly been used!! :) Wicked, I had a little go at mixing vinyl and planned to learn there 1st as it always has been then move onto CDJ's.....however one drunken night my mate pressured me into having a go on his CDJ 2000's (industry standard), and I loved it!! The CUE button just makes life so much easier!!

Not 100% keen on psy-trance, we're off to Tribe of Frog tonight in Bristol, it's an awesome psychedelic night with psy-trance, psy-breaks, techno, electro and breaks - always a wicked night out with loads of visuals!! :D

Haha I love the whole 8bit digital feel of Electro, think that's why it's become my passion lol!!

I've found Hardhouse today differs a bit from hardhouse 10 years ago. Now hardhouse is more like NRG... which could be distinguished from eachother ten years ago... not so much now.

Would be interested to hear some of your hardhouse mixes if you have any?

Not really clued up on the hardhouse mate, just enjoy listening to my mates playing it really!! Haven't got any hardhouse tunes nor had a dabble mixing it yet, round my mates later will try and pillage some tunes as can't afford any this wknd - should be getting one of these 2nd hand today fingers crossed!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52973[/ATTACH]

Nice effort Chris,

It's the first mix in ages I've started listening to and not got bored of half-way through so please take that as a compliment.

Definitely post up any new ones you do.

Also very much like track 2:

We Interrupt This Program - Coburn (Jean Claude Ades Remix), sounds almost Tron like and would make cracking backing music for a Corrado related video.

Hmmmm...that gets me thinking.

Edited by StueyB

Sounds good , takes me back the electro sound [being 42 years old lol!] .I used to have technics back when i was dj'ing. Hard house n techno was my thing then , also used to love a label called movin melodies , Patrick prins was a legend.

Nice effort Chris,

It's the first mix in ages I've started listening to and not got bored of half-way through so please take that as a compliment.

Definitely post up any new ones you do.

Also very much like track 2:

We Interrupt This Program - Coburn (Jean Claude Ades Remix), sounds almost Tron like and would make cracking backing music for a Corrado related video.

Hmmmm...that gets me thinking.

Thanks mate! Appreciate that man :)

Will be playing out for the 2nd time this Saturday, so sorting a set out for that and will put that up as soon as it's recorded :D

That's a brilliant track, the Stanton Warrior's have an awesome Breaks remix of it! Haha it would go well with a Corrado related vid...:D Dude did u send out those bits yet?