Sign in to follow this  
KARMANN

New toys on there way coilovers & lights

Iv ordered a set of Supersprint coilovers today and FK lights.Any tips on fitting the coilovers etc.Still running standard 15s would like to get it LOW though.

Cheers Fraser

Any tips on fitting the coilovers

Make sure that the big adjustment nut is at the same height for each side - before you fit them onto the car. Always replace the top suspension mounts - front and rear. comparatively cheap & make a big difference.

When you've finished - you MUST have a "4 wheel alignment" done. Very expensive on tyres if you don't.

Any car body repairers should have the equipment to do this but try to find one with the laser alignment kit.

..........star-performance do the geometry for £40*+vat for Corrado-forum users too

*this may increase if aditional remedial work is required

Just finished fitting the rear coilovers-very impressed.Cant wait to do the front tomorro once i pick up the top mounts. Anyone who has these,could you please tell me how the damping is adjusted? Iv got the rear sitting quite well-not too low just enough so the wheels fill the arches.

Cheers Fraser

If they are the supersports from venom then they are only height adjustable not dampening.

I got these fitted last month and am reet proper chuffed with them. The handling difference is huge.

Yeah i just read the mag again and realised i read it wrong in the first instance-id have still have bought them anyway because of the huge drop they can offer.Yeah im well impressed except i droped a socket down in behind the rear "door" card when putting trim back on-so il have to rectify that tomorrow. Is there any easy way to get the height of each one the same or is it a case of roughly guess,put wheel back on let the jack down and measure-then if its wrong start again?

Cheers Fraser

measure the bottom of the spring plate with the bottom ridge on the strut with a measuring tape, and then adjust the other one to the same distance, rear ones, the same with fronts, the measurement may not be the same for front and back , but will be for each pair, if this helps. i'm in the process of fitting my koni's, i did the back last friday, i'm also waitin for the top mounts to turn up, i should be doing the fronts on this friday, :D but i need two tyres £97 each :cry: :cry: :mad:

my c kangaroo's down the road when i go over a bump. it rebounds three or four times before it settles down. i have them set 58mm, i am really disappointed with them

WAOW!!!! Fitted the front ones just before it got dark-its bout 25mm off the deck at the front nearly lost the jack when i let it down.Had wee drive init after negociating my way out the drive withall the stones :D feels good but def need to take it to get setup properly.Will be raising it at the front tomorro and dropping the back bout 25-35mm.

When i was out in it-it felt like it was pulling into the corners is that because it needs geomotery set up etc?

Cheers Fraser

Karmanii

What was your measurement g60pv post near top mine is set up at 58mm. 16vg60 has driven my car and sais there is a real problem with the set up ( bouncing )

Im not sure what the drop is,but its pretty low.I kno what u mean about bouncing,it doesnt happen when i hit bad patches on the road,only happens if there a hump one the road.Did some1 mention removing the bumpstops or cutting them away?where are they and how do you do it?

Cheers Fraser

John (16vG60) fitted another set of supersports for me on friday kinley sent by richard at venom as he was quite surprised at the amount of bouncing i was getting. Top marks to Richard as he was quite happy to send me a complete new set and to take my 6 week old set back. My new set still bounces a little. But after 100 miles i can see that the front has settled a little. Karmann surley if you cut away or remove the bump stops the car is likely to start rubbing on the wheel arches on any bumps.

Not got any pics since colour coding sidestrips new rear lights and coilovers-but im sure there was sum1 up at the RRday taking pics with a digicam.Im waiting on new reiger grill coming as the lastone fell off-so il take pics once its fitted.My car is in the gallery as My Tornado Red.