KIPVW

HOSPITAL Operation done, Metal Content lol!

its your age mate, if you was younger your reactions would be quicker and you probably would of missed the dog.

its your age mate, if you was younger your reactions would be quicker and you probably would of missed the dog.

Not a chance Karl, it was a no goer for anyone at that speed :/

---------- Post added at 6:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:54 PM ----------

Well after a bad nights sleep thinking this is hurting a lot for a collar bone :/ i went to get a second opinion from the hospital my surgeon friend works at so met him in A & E reception where he booked me in and fast tracked me through a capacity crowd in the waiting area lol! should have seen the faces :)

another set of xrays confirmed a broken collar bone as well as a broken rib, he then suggested he get his bone fracture friend to double check the xrays and call back this afternoon with a time for on operation to pin it later this week.

so 3 pm the phone rings and my friend says can you come back for a scan as it looks like your shoulder is broke too which the bone surgeon was concerned about. So went back to the hospital to hae the xrays confirmed with an added broken shoulder and then suggets i had a CT scan as i'm struggling to breath deeply so could be some soft tissue/lung damage too.

Operation tomorrow to pin the collar bone and possibly the broken shoulder too which will help the rib to sit in the right place again.

So they said to not let anyone pull my arm as it's basically only attached with flesh & muscle and could quite easily pull off lol!

I dont do things by halves it seems :)

Good grief Kip! Hope everything goes as planned tomorrow. Mend soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no! :( Really sorry to hear this, matey! Hope you make a speedy recovery! Glad the pooch was ok.

yeah it does have its perks mate, i know a lot of very good people. some are also personal injury solicitors too so thats the next phase.

****e mate its getting worse, just a shame they did not pick that all up on your first visit. So no more P taking mate just rest and get better, it just takes longer as you get older LOL

So what you going to add tomorrow?? !!! AS if you need more sympathy !!!!

Sorry to hear - that it is getting worse not better - I gather broken ribs are serioulsy painful too.

Did Jude send that dog out deliberatley - to ensure she won all the show and shine events this year ?? !!

If you want me to give any of your Corrado's a little run while you are out of action - just shout.

How does it go - Drive it like you stole it !!!

Keep smiling Kip, got to look on the good side of it all - they can re-build you and think of the sympathy you can get out of this one. ;-)

Ouch! Sorry to hear this mate. A lad in work came off his motorbike and broke a couple of ribs and he was off for 10 weeks. Hope you're not that unfortunate...

Kip not good. But glad they have spotted the other stuff at this early stage. Can defo agree sort now as at 33 I have lots of problems with my shoulder that they let heal naturally. All the best mate for today

Paul,

Get well soon. Should be back in UK soon and happy to help with running your best car around, to the shows etc.

Andrew

I'll bear that in mind Andrew lol! Wendy you too :) you wish lol!

Well back from the hospital after my overnight stay, operation went well yesterday and I now have a plate & 7 pins in my shoulder :/

6 weeks off work though now so really really not looking forward to that, guess i'll be on here more then lol!

---------- Post added at 1:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:47 PM ----------

Edited by KIPVW

Being a cyclist, I take it they're titanium parts.

Seriously, I hope you're feeling better as every day passes Paul.

All the very best, James

How you feeling today Kip ?

Have you got Jude running around after you ?

How you feeling today Kip ?

Have you got Jude running around after you ?

She's doing a fine job, just as well she doesnt hav a job at the moment lol! not that that's good though.

Had the district nurse round this morning to replace the dressing so thougt be rude to not get a picture :)

Yuk - that is grim ! Looks painful too.............

Yes - good on the one hand Jude is home to help, hope the job front gets sorted for her soon though.