Abdul

Corrado prices on the up?

yeh they handled like a dream, i had just bought my 2nd 16v golf when a good mate bought a 1.9 205gti and being about 20 we were like a young colin mcrae,and there was no way i could keep up with that car, but it just rusted to death but the engine was still soooo tight even after about 18 months of being wragged.

I've never driven a 16v golf or corrado, I thought the mk2 16v was a flier though?

One thing i'd say is that they're certainly a lot more rare than they were a few years back, there seems to have been a rapid decline in numbers over the last 2-3 years. Looking at the usual classifieds (ebay,pistonheads,autotrader,gumtree etc) there's only a fraction on the market nowadays.

As for values, Im not sure that it should really matter - a bit like houses, people can be preoccupied with value when they should really be just making the most of it and enjoying living in it, same with Corrados. I don't think there will be a huge hike in prices like some people seem to expect, these type of threads have appeared every few months on here since the year dot, with the exception of the tiny minority of absolute low mileage minters, they're never going to fetch big money again IMO.

I've never driven a 16v golf or corrado, I thought the mk2 16v was a flier though?

Valvers vary enormously in performance. My first one was a red F reg on 70K and it was ballistic. I had 4 more after that one and also a MK1 16V. Not one of them, even with mods, felt as quick as the first one!

I've been offered money for mine before, I only got it last August! ;)

I work on the basis that for everything I fix / replace it's been upgraded - the more 'issues' I find the closer it'll get to being a nice show car. It had already been extensively fiddled with by the previous owner so it wasn't ever going to appeal to a concourse-seeker - but I'm quite happy with the mods I've done and I think it's a better car for it :)

Buy it.... drive it.... enjoy it.... bollocks to future classics and all that,we all know with cars you will never get out what you put it.

Buy it.... drive it.... enjoy it.... bollocks to future classics and all that,we all know with cars you will never get out what you put it.

Well said. Agree with that wholeheartedly. I went out for an evening hoon in mine tonight and the damn thing makes me grin from ear to ear every time I step into it. I couldn't really care less what it's worth.

Half the fun is improving it bit by bit. A little bit of replacement trim here and there. Seeing it gradually get better and better. You don't get the money back for doing that. But that's not the point.

Mine has truly kept me sane in the last year despite huge job pressures and being diagnosed with a serious illness. Even sat in the garage it gives me a little thrill to see it as I open the door or get out of the Golf with the shopping. And one of the best things about owning one is this community. On a few occasions someone has needed help and it has been remarkable how readily people will help; for example when someone has has had an accident and people donate spare parts or on occasions when people give their own time to help someone else out (I recall floppyman driving down to help someone one night in the cold of winter to help fix a non starting car when the owner needed to get somewhere the next day).

Edited by Portent

Makes me a bit sad all this talk! my c's gonna live for ever, EVEN if i have to die trying !!!!!!!!

Just enjoy it for what it is, a compact sportscar with a rare twist. To me, most modern cars, even though they may be faster, are not half the fun to drive. Luxurious - yes, comfortable - yes, practical - yes, lot's of equipment and bling bling - yes, but as fun? Nah, very few cars are.

Couldn't care a set of hens teeth of what they will cost in the future, as long as I can get spares. Ooops forgot that I cannot really ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

Well said. Agree with that wholeheartedly. I went out for an evening hoon in mine tonight and the damn thing makes me grin from ear to ear every time I step into it. I couldn't really care less what it's worth.

Half the fun is improving it bit by bit. A little bit of replacement trim here and there. Seeing it gradually get better and better. You don't get the money back for doing that. But that's not the point.

Mine has truly kept me sane in the last year despite huge job pressures and being diagnosed with a serious illness. Even sat in the garage it gives me a little thrill to see it as I open the door or get out of the Golf with the shopping. And one of the best things about owning one is this community. On a few occasions someone has needed help and it has been remarkable how readily people will help; for example when someone has has had an accident and people donate spare parts or on occasions when people give their own time to help someone else out (I recall floppyman driving down to help someone one night in the cold of winter to help fix a non starting car when the owner needed to get somewhere the next day).

Well said mate i whole heartedly agree love this forum as much as i love my car and its full of NICE people a refreshing change these days with all of most other forums being full of scene must haves etc