VeeDub_NZ

R32 Corrado build - New Zealand

Great to see there is an active VW scene in New Zealand. Each time I have visited my family there the roads have been littered with Jap crap!

The scene isn't very active at all, but there is a scene of sorts I guess. The last show we organised, SO2012, had 35 cars entered and was the biggest watercooled VAG show the country had ever seen. Not a fly sh*t on the global spectrum but it's better than nothing I guess. The Jap scene is huge as you say!

Well I only managed to drive it for about 3 or 4 min at moderate revs, i didn't want to push it too hard initially. It should be around 50 - 60hp more than the BDE 2.8L motor it had in it and it definitely feels that way. It's impressive, quite rapid - i'm very happy & blown away, I wasn't expecting such an increase in torque & drive-able power. The 3.2 is a weapon compared to the 2.8.

After a test run I took it home & fitted bonnet, lights, grille, lip etc. By then the car was cold and it was about 9pm, I took it for one last test run before an event I had organised for the next day. Managed to drive about 400m cold at low revs (

Tomorrow i'll drop the sump and measure the clearance. Order a new 12v oil pump (am using the R one at the moment) and will grease the gears on that. Hook up a pressure guage and crank it over with the plugs out & cross my fingers it goes. If it goes bad, the motor will be coming out again.

No idea what's caused it but the last motor died because the sump smashed the oil pick up to pieces when it collected the road. That hasn't happened this time, sump hasn't touched the ground at all so i'm a little worried. The motor has run for at least 30 mins since the swap though so whatever it is has happened since then, the motor didn't come with something wrong.

After a few weeks of being super busy at work I finally got time to look at the Corrado.

Dropped the sump and found this. Sad sight, but onwards and upwards. Motor is coming out again and we'll pull it apart and find out what's happened. I'll shorten the steel sump at the same time and retain the R32 pick up for some extra clearance. Exactly how much clearance does the pick up need to the sump??

photo-134.jpg

photo-135.jpg

You still needing likes on Facebook?

I think it looks great without the bonnet.. Is it legal to drive around without it?

Comp ends on Monday and I'm double the nearest car so I should be fine thanks! Looks like she'll get a free cut & polish when the motor goes again!

It's not legal to drive around without a bonnet - I only did it for a couple of test runs. In saying that, the ride height isn't legal, nor is no front number plate, nor is the tyre stretch but I can usually talk my way out of it :)

Engine is running great Kevin - had a scare when I heard a top end knocking type sound, but it turned out to be a dodgy coilpack. Replaced coilpacks & spark plugs and it's running great. Only other issue I've had since was two days ago when a CV let go (caught on video):

If you're interested you can follow my facebook page as I regularly update it:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Haus102/250992111652838?fref=ts

Engine is running great Kevin - had a scare when I heard a top end knocking type sound, but it turned out to be a dodgy coilpack. Replaced coilpacks & spark plugs and it's running great. Only other issue I've had since was two days ago when a CV let go (caught on video):

If you're interested you can follow my facebook page as I regularly update it:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Haus102/250992111652838?fref=ts

Any other video's post them up mate Are you running factory or standalone? Mine is on dta can't beat the noise of an R32 :D

Awesome mate look's very nice you should be proud to own a car like that after all the hard work :salute: