Marshall936

Wheres the best place to hide subs in a C?

I'm looking for ideas, basicly i'm missing having a bit of base to my music in the car but don't want any subs on show in the car or in the boot either, has anyone found any decent places to hide subs or even very subtle places they've located them? Thanks!

I think the best place to have a discreet sub is where the audioscape boxes fit, ie. in the nearside bootspace. You can't really hide a sub unless you remove the spare wheel, make a custom enclosure and then create a grill over the top.

as above, spare wheel well or sides of boot.. many years ago i saw a rado with two tiny subs where the rear arm rest goes - cant remember whos though!

My old set up was very subtle IMO.

ca493756.jpg

You could put a 6" sub in the passenger footwell.

I had 2 x 5" focal subs in a custom made wooden box replacing the rear seat hump. There should be a pic of it in the first few pages of my build thread. To be honest it was nearly as good as my 10" in the boot, just didn't quite drop as low.

EDIT - found a pic.

Edited by JMC

Cheers for the ideas guys, liking the rear arm rest one but my drivers seat doesnt flip forwards so my mates have to climb over it to get to the o/s rear seat :(

I dont have a spare wheel though so maybe thats the way forwards?

Abdul, cant see the pic but think its just the work comp, have to have a look when i get home.

I like the idea in the armrest I must say, if you shape it and cover in leather or matching cloth it could look almost totally stock! Maybe you could use an oem one as a mock up for a fibreglass enclosure with a small 6 or 8" band pass or twin isobaric design?

---------- Post added at 6:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:41 PM ----------

Would something like this fit in the armrest area?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-KSC-SW01-Active-Underseat-Subwoofer/dp/B002U0RSZ8

there's no replacement for 10" in the rear..

a 12"?

A 12" in the rear.... is that from personal experience :)