swiftkid

Show me your VR6 engine bay!

Hey all, I'm currently doing some sprucing up of my engine bay and I can't decide what colour scheme to go for. I have some idea's floating in my head but I'd like to see what you have done for some inspiration. At the moment its just plain old silver with red HT leads!

As nature intended :) I know this is what you have already but how about going a bit tidier still?

Edited by KIPVW

Amazingly clean engine Paul, did you do it all yourself?

Mine before:

IMGP0011.jpg

And now:

IMG-20120109-00123.jpg

Cant beat standard with red leads! I just need to try and get to the gearbox, ABS pump and other bits to clean.

Chris, all the alloy bits were sand/media blasted in 2009 by DG Autotech when the clutch & chains were done (daft not to while it was all out) but the rest is by myself :)

Chris, all the alloy bits were sand/media blasted in 2009 by DG Autotech when the clutch & chains were done (daft not to while it was all out) but the rest is by myself :)

Did you strip the gearbox and stuff off yourself?

No but i watched and it looked reasonably straight forward, i wouln't flinch on having a go myself now.

---------- Post added at 1:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:34 PM ----------

It really doesn't take much to keep clean though once you get it to this standard, just means having a little clean up with some AG Engine bay cleaner and a carefull hose every few months :)

Mine when I got the car two years ago;

DSC00047-1.jpg

As it is now;

DSCF8071.jpg

It shows what can be achieved but remember it will take a few attempts to get it how you want it..

Edited by C5 OEM

KIP, have to say your engine bay is without doubt the cleanest most orignal I have ever seen... Hats off to you!

Not sure if these are going to be of any use in terms of inspiration as only the first pic is a standard VR6, but here goes:

It went from this... (bit small but its the only one I can find from all those years ago!) - Basically shiny plates over the end of the rocker and the DOHC plastic with colour coded lead holder plastics, polished belt tensioner and TB.

collarge1-1.jpg

To this... Supercharged

IMG_4523-1.jpg

To this... Second incarnation of Supercharged

IMG_0181.jpg

And the most recent... Turbo'd

15042010003.jpg

IMG_3528.jpg

To this... Second incarnation of Supercharged

IMG_0181.jpg

Are those orange HT leads? Been looking for some for a while...

Ahh I was just last night looking for sticker packs, you got a link to where you got yours from Rob? was having a look on vwstickers website and the fan warning looks the same but the larger ACHTUNG! sticker looks different.

Jammin, your engine bay looks amazing so I'm definitely going to have to replicate that now... actually to be honest if I had a turbo I wouldn't care what it looked like!

Ahh I was just last night looking for sticker packs, you got a link to where you got yours from Rob? was having a look on vwstickers website and the fan warning looks the same but the larger ACHTUNG! sticker looks different.

Dont know how to do links mate sorry , they are on ebay , Atlantic ave is the seller .

Mine, Swiftkid, with the stickers Robrado mentions

photolmv.jpg

I was satisfied with my engine bay until I stepped into this thread :(

:lol: Sorry