Portent

New Wheeler Dealers series

Starts next Tuesday at 9pm on Discovery. What are the chances of the rumoured Corrado being on there? Very slim probably.

Yeah looking forward to this but unfortunately there is no Corrado, had a look on the wheelers dealers website and it confirms the following cars will be in the new series:-

Mar 20 - Fiat Dino

Mar 27 - Morgan

Apr 03 - BMW M5

Apr 10 - Renault Alpine

Apr 17 - Porsche 914

Apr 24 - G Wagen

May 01 - Jag XK8

Yeah looking forward to this but unfortunately there is no Corrado, had a look on the wheelers dealers website and it confirms the following cars will be in the new series:-

Mar 20 - Fiat Dino

Mar 27 - Morgan

Apr 03 - BMW M5

Apr 10 - Renault Alpine

Apr 17 - Porsche 914

Apr 24 - G Wagen

May 01 - Jag XK8

There was a strong rumour a while back that they had a Corrado and I believe that was based on someone talking to them at a show. So I wonder if they made a massive loss and decided not to include it.

Yeah I heard the same thing that someone spoke to them at a show and something about a show featuring a g60 with a blown charger, I am sure i read this on this forum somewhere as well.

Couldnt really see them making to much profit though. They seem to have gone a bit more up market these days as well judging by the list above and the previous American series.

Starts next Tuesday at 9pm on Discovery. What are the chances of the rumoured Corrado being on there? Very slim probably.

would like to see ed's face when he is told its all ok apart from the heater matrix needs replacing, haha

It's easy to make a profit on used cars when you have a pet mechanic who can spend 10 hours stripping things down without charging you a penny .. Count the labour rates on those old cars they've worked on and they'd have made a massive loss on all of them.

That's the whole point of the show though isn't it Mat? To show that a competent home mechanic can make a few quid in his spare time. Make £250 here and there and keep buying more expensive cars. Before you know it you've got yourself a Yugo.

New series? Mrs Mc will be pleased!!!!

I always get earache for watching 4 or 5 episodes in a row on channel Dave or what ever its called :)

When you own a Corrado you need a friend like Edd.

very true, apart from him being too tall to drive it ;)

Looking at the series on youtube from abroad.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Did anyone else spot a smallish 5 spoke alloy on the shelf behind Ed in the Morgan episode? It looked quite like a speedline???

Talking of wheels - just watching the one with the Porsche 914. What a job that old fella did on the wheels! Amazing!

i love to win the jag xk8 really nice car and thay done some good mod cons this week

Does anyone understand the engine cleaning thing Edd did and would it make any difference???? Wonder if its worth doing?

^^ It looked like you run the car using a separate fuel supply. That fuel supply has additives which clean various parts of the engine and exhaust. It certainly seemed to work based on the emission results. But I've no idea whether it would translate into a performance gain. It certainly seems worth a try at £70 as our engines will be even older than the Jag. Bet it's not actually £70 though.

Talking of wheels - just watching the one with the Porsche 914. What a job that old fella did on the wheels! Amazing!

yeh very true, but bet he has 40+ years experience of doing them.

Not seen Edd China's cut technique using lots of water before, although I have no experience myself. Seemed to do a decent Jon though. Waiting for a dry weekend to get my polisher out, hoping to do it before national day at Brooklands.

Not seen Edd China's cut technique using lots of water before, although I have no experience myself. Seemed to do a decent Jon though. Waiting for a dry weekend to get my polisher out, hoping to do it before national day at Brooklands.

I've done this a few times back in the day, helps keep the pads from heating up too much if you are inexperienced but it can be messy and the pad will need cleaning as you go along ( the fact it's already wet makes this easier though )

Fired off my text to win the Jag. Anybody else or am I the only mug