_Meth

Fibreglass Parts - do you want anything fibreglassed?

Afternoon all,

Just been chatting to a local supplier of fibreglass and carbon fiber who has said he is happy and able to pretty much create anything in either fibreglass / carbon fiber for our little old C's!

I mentioned to him that I would quite like something doing with the center console to turn it into a double din, that would be nice and easy to just fit in place of the old one etc, so he is going to look into that for me.

His prices are going to be very cheap for what is involved. Obviously carbon fiber will be more expensive that fibreglass, but he is able to make up the moulds for pretty much anything, and of course he has my car as a donor for any bits he needs to mould from if needed!

So my question to you guys is - what would you want fibreglassing? Is there anything at all?

If we can get interest of at least 10 people in any one item I can get prices for it and go from there.

So - lets see what we can sort out :)

Wings and bonnet for sure... Not worth while looking at the smaller parts as mostly already available :)

I'd be interested in a double-DIN console if it wasn't too dear. Correspondingly smaller cubbyhole, or losing the ashtray and fag lighter?

Stone

I would be really interested in the following in fg

Front wings

Bonnet

Doors

And in carbon, the rear wing (as I can't afford the prices of them at the moment lol) and maybe the transmission tunnel cover inside the car. What would be fantastic is the gearstick surround with coin slots removed, and the rest of the tunnel back to the rear arm rest. He could always wrap the originals in real carbon if he is a whizz with the epoxy resin...?

imo i think body panels would be top priority. I cant afford carbon fibre, like many others, but fibre glass would be more afford able and we wouldnt have to worry about rust!!! oh and fibre glass rear number plate light cover.

Ok,

What price range would be acceptable for the following: (to see if it is possible) obviously it will be as cheap as possible:

Pair of wings (early or late)

Handbrake tunnel

Number plate light surround

Door pods for larger speakers

Hi there

I would be interested in front wings and bonnet.

On a side note though if your guy can't do them on a separate forum they are using a company in CZ who seem to be good with reasonable prices....There is no C parts but he has said he will make them if he gets three or more on order.

http://www.pesch.cz/

Hoping to get an early set of wings over to him asap to do a demo run. Problem is that to get a very good mould it needs to be there to dry for a good week or so.

Then we will know how much it will cost to do at a high standard. He wont do anything rushed or half assed.