skid

Air con resistor,Where to buy?

My Diavia Aircon fan isnt working.

I have checked everything to my knowledge, spent the whole day doing research on here and i am sure it the Fiat/Lancia Resistor pack fitted to it.

I have tried the local Fiat dealer and says they cant supply it, last time he seen one like it was a Fiat Coupe and they are now Obsolete.

Here is a picture of the resistor, note the broken first coil on it.

P1010962.jpg

P1010961.jpg

So has anybody got an idea where i could get one, or may have a 2nd hand one kicking about??????

Many thanks if you can help guys.

Skid.

whereabouts on the car is it?

i am removing a complete diavia system at the moment, but really planning to sell it all as a complete setup

Behind the glove box. Left hand side.

Above the base of the fan, pointing towards the passenger.

Just to say, when mine blew I bought a thermal resistor from maplins and soldered it on (carefully!!). That ebay link doesn't look anything like the original resistor....

Mark

The link one looks more like an early fan resistor, as i just had to do one on my G60 corrado.

Def doesnt look anything like the one that fits my aircon, but thats for looking Axcel :)

Mark was yours the same as i have above or was it a normal fan system.

As i did wonder if the coil resistors could be changed out for thermal fuses but looking more at my set up thats not how its designed to work.

I wouldnt know which thermal fuses to replace each coil with anyway.

Fiat have sourced me a replacement but i still have to see it to see if it matches.

£46, but i am going to try and repair the one i have first.

Dont worry about the original just get the equivalent one from maplin. its about 99p as far as i remember and mine has been fkne for the past few years. hth

Mark was yours the same as i have above or was it a normal fan system.

As i did wonder if the coil resistors could be changed out for thermal fuses but looking more at my set up thats not how its designed to work.

I wouldnt know which thermal fuses to replace each coil with anyway.

Yeah mine looked exactly the same as yours. You need to follow Hasan's advice; he helped me when mine went. Read off the rating on the Fiat resistor and pop into maplins for the equivalent (obviously go for a slightly lower rating to err on the side of safety). Then you'll need some 5A connectors from B&Q and solder them to your resistor assembly and then fit the thermal fuse from maplins and tighten the screws. Job done.

Have a look through Hasan's build thread (Fla), it's all there and a great guide.

This got my fan working on all 4 speeds, AC still didn't work tho, lol!

Mark

Yaaaaaa, its all working thanks to Hasan`s advice.

Mind you didnt work when i first hooked it and i was gutted, but i found there was poor connection on one of the spades, all cleaned up and tightened and it blows on all speeds now.

I am going to change all the spade connections anyway as they have cheap and poorly done ones on the wires at present.

Mark what do you mean about the 5a connectors and solder them to the resistor?

Next job .....i need to find out how the A/C should work????

Anybody got a manual ....lol

Next job .....i need to find out how the A/C should work????

When you do that you are very welcome to fix my one :)