Chris VR

And people are always saying Corrados break!....mine repairs itself!

So one thing I've been dreading sorting on my car was the usual non-functioning sun roof, something I pointed out to my Dad today on his first trip in the Corrado by pushing the switch to demonstrate the problem....lo and behold, it opened! then closed, tilt, everything! Smooth as you like, as if it'd just rolled off the production line!! :dance:

But there's obviously a small fault somewhere, guessing a dodgy connection. Could anyone point me in the direction of likely suspects?

Thanks!!

Chris

I had a faulty tilt and slide switch on mine :) was easy to replace and works as it shoud do now!

Oh I wish that happened in mine. Took my fully working sunroof out, changed the sunroof seal and broke it in the process... now on sunroof no.4 and still am yet to find a working one... grrr!!!

Yes this is my big worry...Most of the time it hasn't worked so would like to know why before I can trust it at all!

Mine broke, all it needed was a new motor, £10 and 30 minute fix! :dance:

On that note.. How far back should a Corrado sunroof slide?

Does this look right or should it go back more?

cce61c6d.jpg

Yep, just been out and checked (still works!! :cheers:). Mine goes back further than that, basically so the panel is in line with the edge of the hole.

Yep, just been out and checked (still works!! :cheers:). Mine goes back further than that, basically so the panel is in line with the edge of the hole.

Balls.. Mine needs looking at then.. Booo hisss! :bonk:

Yep, mine opens all the way too...if you give it a bit of a run-up, anyway! Only takes two pushes of the button to get it open (sticks in the middle) but then I can only inch it shut. Pretty sure one of the slides is sticking but I'm going to swap for a moonroof at some point so I can't really be arsed to fix it - there's always the allen key...

Stone

Yeah I'm counting my lucky stars on this win! Are the switches still available? I'm guessing not!?

Mk3 Golf and Skoda Octavia one's are very similar, if not the same - Normally about £10.00/15.00 each on E Bay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-golf-VR6-interior-light-and-sunroof-switch-/260854037299?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cbc1cbb33

Ian.

Oh nooo! Sun was shining and I opened the roof...won't close!! Thanks GlosterOx, not a moment too soon. Reckon it's the switch as it did go back further but won't go forward again. On that note, EnthusiastOwned - it goes back even further than I thought, good couple of inches past the edge of the hole.