ray_vr6

Dash Conversion Complete

Just finish the dash conversion that involved removing the ashtray and cigarrete lighter, (Audi power socket fitted in rear ashtray), relocating stereo, fitting polo cup holders and fitting volt meter/ oil pressure gauge.

Happy with the end result but it was a bugger of a job!

Thanks - I'm sure it was either someone on here or the CCGB site that had done the polo cup holder conversion so its thanks to them.

i think it was on here, have though about it to my daily too but just not got round to it yet, might adopt the rear ashtray mod that a few have been talking about recently.

The cup holders look quality! is there actually a build thread about how to do them? dont want to take a dremel to my dashboard only to end up with a botch job held together with gaffer tape lol

I'm not sure if there is a detailed build thread - I know what you mean about about being a bit nervous about starting to cut up your dash - I sourced one off ebay so that if I got it horribly wrong I could at least revert to te original! If you are carefull its not too difficult just a bit labour intensive. The polo cup holders (brand new unit off ebay for about £15) look very OE and work great. The stereo again requires some careful cutting to get it to fit and you have to be aware to the wireing that runs behind there and can interfere with your attemps to fit the head unit in place. Will post up a pic of the completed work soon

The finished article (I hope!) - and one of the great benifits of the whole project - cup holders in a corrado!

Good work and nice to see a can of the finest in there! I was born and bread in Scotland!