ChrisL

Mountain Bikes

It's never too cold. On Wednesday and Thursday it was -1 whilst we were out!

It's never too cold. On Wednesday and Thursday it was -1 whilst we were out!

Agreed. Although it can feel pretty cold when you first set off, once you've ridden for a bit you soon warm up!

I ride in the Quantocks nearly every weekend, does anyone else on here go there?

I've got a Scott Scale and a Specialized Camber, both great fun, but the Scott is faster and better up hills being lighter and having 29s.

[ATTACH]71094[/ATTACH]

I suppose your right maybe its the cold thats just of putting lol i work out side all week and this time of year its kinda nice to be warm so probs find no motivation to go back out in the cold

I should really get my arse in to gear and get the bike out again ! It is quite sunny today aswell

As above really even tho it was freezing we soon warmed up when we got going even if the wind was cold when we got some speed.

Lost the feeling in my fingers at one point, couldnt even change gear they were that cold! We stopped at a cafe in the cycle center and as soon as they started to warm up the pain was unbearable!!!!

Off out tomorrow with a couple of friends after work. Im going to be dead tomorrow night. I have work at 3 in the morning then riding from 12 :bonk:

Once you have got the bug for it its a great pastime,the fun & adrenaline help you ignore the elements.I used to ride a lot pre family life but still get out now & again. The thing i didnt like so much about mountain biking over road bikes was getting everything clean again afterwards,very time consuming all in all.Can cost a bit too when you want the best kit

..with regards the cold, I like it more. A crisp winters day is totaly life affirming in my opinion. Always give myself a reward at the end of a ride..the best unhealthiest cake and sweetest latte I can find in one of my favourite coffee shops..nothing like sitting in the warmth caked in dirt and sweat looking forward to a warm shower (not sure the proprietors view it that way though, or the ladies that lunch!?)..if anything I go out for more regular rides in the winter..

Im kind of glad I have gotten into it this time of year as I bet it would be unbearable for me in hot weather being as unfit as I am. Hopefully by the time it warms up Ill be fitter

I suppose your right maybe its the cold thats just of putting lol i work out side all week and this time of year its kinda nice to be warm so probs find no motivation to go back out in the cold

I should really get my arse in to gear and get the bike out again ! It is quite sunny today aswell

Give me a shout Matt, we'll shove the bikes in the car and head to dalby.

Sounds good to me chris i break up next friday but im moving in to a new place at weekend so wont have time then but will have loads of time over christmas

Made a hungover decision to get the bike out and clean in this morning so its all ready to go now

Went for a little ride and it made me realise how much id missed bombing about on my bike

---------- Post added at 1:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:54 PM ----------

y2e8azyh.jpg

This is my cube , need to upgrade a few parts but other than that its a great bike i love the colours aswell lol

Sounds good to me chris i break up next friday but im moving in to a new place at weekend so wont have time then but will have loads of time over christmas

Made a hungover decision to get the bike out and clean in this morning so its all ready to go now

Went for a little ride and it made me realise how much id missed bombing about on my bike

---------- Post added at 1:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:54 PM ----------

y2e8azyh.jpg

This is my cube , need to upgrade a few parts but other than that its a great bike i love the colours aswell lol

..your cube looks lovely, I really wanted to get one of these after my previous bike was stolen from shed..unfortunately the Insurer would only let me have a Halfords (Boardman-which I actually now quite like)..Cubes are the best looking bikes in my opinion

Just cleaning and adjusting mine, gonna really hit it hard starting January. Ordered some winter clothing and bits from chain reaction, got some good discounts on.

SAM_0086.jpg

y2e8azyh.jpg

I've got an cube attention too...... it's a 2012 model in black / grey and red.... lovely bike.... is that an 18" frame you've got ???? I had to put a longer stem on mine. tried turning the orig stem upside down but it didn't improve it....

get some decent pedals and a chain guard :)....... the pedals that come as standard are really rubbish.

Edited by delfinis38

I've got an cube attention too...... it's a 2012 model in black / grey and red.... lovely bike.... is that an 18" frame you've got ???? I had to put a longer stem on mine. tried turning the orig stem upside down but it didn't improve it....

get some decent pedals and a chain guard :)....... the pedals that come as standard are really rubbish.

Cheers bud they are really nice bikes and yea i think it is around 19 inch bud , im 6ft 4 and its fine for me , im happy with the positioning of the stem and how im sat on it , im going to get some better pads i think and rebleed the brakes and deffo get some better pedals , they really start to hurt your feet after a while with them being very thin

I did have a set of rob warner pedals in the garage but my dad nicked them the sly git haha

..had a lovely ride up on Reigate Hill today, increasingly impressed with the 2012 Boardman Pro HT. It replaced my 2010 Specialized Rockhopper Expert that was stolen out of the shed! It's a medium (18" I believe, I'm 6ft and it fits me perfectly)

Thats real nice that bud looks a similar layout to mine what gear is it running

Ohh and nice bike stand haha id be gutted if it was to fall tho lol ant you got a fence haha

Looks nice.

I was out today on my friends Scott genius with a carbon frame. Such a light bike its really easy to ride.

Hopefully getting my bike built up tomorrow, cant wait. Going for a ride before hand as well

Havent touched mine since august i think... Realy need to get out on it after building it lol

I think we need to get a Corrado forum mountain biking day sorted!

Quite a good track that I do 11km long, 80% up hill but broken up nicely with a bit of downhill sections every now and again. Ending in a rather nice long down hill section. Not very technical and can be ridden by most riders.

Check out the video of the down hill section the course.

[video=youtube;_fK-Z2RFVw8]

Definately up for this! Although im a downhiller - i dont do climbs...

Just thought I'd show off my toy, bit overkill but so much fun to ride!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71331[/ATTACH]

Just thought I'd show off my toy, bit overkill but so much fun to ride!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71331[/ATTACH]

That looks like a stealth bike!.something Batman would be seen on! Absoloutely lovely