CorradoWannabe

15/16" Alloy suggestions for green Corrado Storm R32

I'm trying to find some replacement alloys for the Corrado as I really do not like the BBS solitudes that come as standard on the storm. I even prefer the speedlines and the BBS G60 style ones - which I had on my valver once upon a time.

I'm looking for some inspiration / ideas / suggestions about which alloys to add. The car is lowered 40mm and when I had it years ago it was on 17" TSW alloys - the ride comfort suffered a lot - so I would not consider 17" - ideally 15" for me, but I'd consider 16" wheels.

I want something that suits the car and just takes away the 'OEM' look. I also need something that will suit a green car.

My budget is about £350 - so if anyone sees any may fit the bill please let me know. I have had a look on ebay and the parts section here, but no joy so far. I'm struggling to know what to search for on ebay and not really sure what look I really want.

Sorry for being vague - and thanks in advance!

Going to have a set of 6 spoke ATS wheels up for sale soon- 16x7.5j. " wheels have brand new, about 2 weeks old Uniroyal Rainsports and the other 2 are toyo proxes TR-1s with plenty of tread on them. The wheels could do with a refurb though, but will scrub up very well. i needed 3mm spacers on the fronts, which i can provide if needed - they are 5x100, with a centre bore hole the correct size, but they're not actually "hubcentric", in the respect that they dont have a lip on them. But do sit on the hub.

pics - http://www.the-corrado.net/showthread.php?49491-Gaz-s-Bordeaux-Pearl-VR-NEW-WHEELS!

Note this is when they were first fitted.

Not after much for them - only really want to recoup the price of the uniroyal plus a tiny bit more for the other wheels and tyres, but not much.

Some Mk4 16in wheels look good on Corrados and retain the width / offset of the original wheels. Look for Montreal II's or Golf 4motion alloys. I liked mine when I had them on my car. Im looking out for a set of early Golf VR6 wheels at the moment as I reckon if fittied with chrome BBS badges would look really good.

tt mini comps - i think there was a mint set for sale recently? I too have a set just need to get some tyres for them!

Speedline Comp2's like I used to run on my old G60...

sweetg60.jpg

16", 6 spoke like Solitudes... but look a bit more purposeful :)

Speedline Comp2's like I used to run on my old G60...

sweetg60.jpg

16", 6 spoke like Solitudes... but look a bit more purposeful :)

yeh one of the perfect wheels for a corrado.

Think that you would be as well sticking with the Solitudes if your happy with 15s, can't argue with the original equipment and no cost involved, what more could you want?

Yes, Jims old G certainly is a fine example. Looks perfect in that pics, alloys suit it really well and height is spot on too.

What made you sell that Jim?

I didn't earn enough money to keep it on the road at the time, and sold it because I was doing a lot of driving around for a girl I was going out with and it was costing me a fortune. That relationship caved mere weeks after I sold it. I won't make that mistake again ever!

Edited by Jim

definitely a set of speedline comp II wheels, oem look with a bit more, can't go wrong

The Speedline Comp2s look very good. Going to try hunt some down.

Thanks for all the suggestions.