carrots

can i repair this handle

hi my drivers door handle is broke,its not the normal part that breaks.when you pull the handle it is pulling away from the door in the middle of the handle where it fits into a plastic clip thats attached to the door.it wont clip into the plastic bit in the door because one of the metal bits on the handle has broke off.can anyone make any sense of what i mean

havent got the handle here,cars at body shop and i cant work the picture thing out lol.just wonderd if i could take the part off another car or a broken handle if anyone had one.it clicks into the plastic bit attached to the door just to the right of door lock

I think you'll have to change the whole handle, if you can get a pic when you get the car back that will help.

yer i will have to start a wanted post.cheers

---------- Post added at 6:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:45 PM ----------

just looked on ebay,a bloke from the usa has a pic of a handle and you can see the part thats broke on mine.if you exlarge his pic its about 2" from top of his pic in the middle.

Exactly the same happened to mine. The metal has fatigued on the actual handle frame and not on the more common push rod mechanism.

It's dead. Caput. Gameover. :(

i am hunting for a replacement handle,i was hoping to get car back on road this weekend after a respray.take it vw dont sell um now