P3rks

Someone reversed into my car

Long story short I live on a terrible road where everyone parks like dillards.

I was literally looking out of the window (I am that anal and worried about this, when I am in my room and hear a car parking I always have a quick look - sad I know.) I saw a Berlingo reverse parking in front of my car and I watched him lightly nudge my car. I went out to have a look literally 30 seconds later and the driver had gone.

There are fresh light scuff marks on the top of my bumper which I'm not too fussed about as they'll polish out. But the two indicators have small cracks and the bumper is cracked behind the numberplate. Great; indicators are not cheap for a Corrado. They were mint too.

I was literally writing a note to get in touch with me and he returned. I confronted him and essentially he said I'm lying to get someone else to pay up and he drove off.

I've contacted my local police non-emergnacy line who's advised me to go into the station to report it.

My concern is; A: I don't want to have to go through insurance and B: The driver knows my car and repercussions may happen. On the other hand I shouldn't have to stump up over £200 to repair the car when it was his fault.

Discuss...

It's a tough one as without evidence I don't see what the police will do. On balance I probably wouldn't bother reporting it because one of the following will happen:

1) You report it. The police do nothing because there is no direct evidence - You gain nothing.

2) You report it. The police send him a letter or pay a visit. There is no evidence and nothing further happens - You gain nothing.

3) You report it. The police pay him a visit/letter. Nothing more happens because there is no evidence - He keys your car.

4) He mans up and pays for it - unlikely because he's already denied it and admitting it now will get him points on his license.

I can't see the point in going through insurance because I guess your excess isnt far off the repair cost and your premiums would go up.

its times like this its better to be an arsehole i find, i would admit defeat, pay yourself, then get some kind of revenge.

its just the sort of person i am.

Bloke knocked my wingmirror off once at a petrol station while i was inside, i got the cctv footage, waited months until i saw the car again then followed it home, then asked someone to smash his windows.

I know i sound like an utter arsehole, but cba with all that police hassle and it ending up with me out of pocket anyway.

Dont do what I did and inform the Police, they are absolutely useless. I havent even had a phone call and my accident was the 9th february.

Give it a bit then seek revenge!!!

Its not right - but as noted earlier you are unlikely to get anywhere with this.

So try to stay calm about it and sort it out when you can yourself.

And - lets hope - this statement is true - 'what comes around goes around' - I think it does

Well.. believe it or not..

I went to the police station and reported it. At the least the arsehole will get some hassle.

But as I was at the station speaking to the officer and told him that the offending car was a Berlingo the officer mentioned that's the 2nd one he's had today. he asked if it was blue to which i mentioned, kinda, more light bluey green. The officer interrupted and said like a turquoise blue, what a coincidence. To which I showed him the photo of the car showing the numberplate I had on my phone, the officer took a look, read the numberplate and said what a coincidence indeed.

I asked if it was he same car and the officer smiled, then said legally he can't give that information to me. But then he nodded at me and winked.

So lets see what happens here. :)

That's good news as something might be done about it then.

Or it could be a stoken car.

Bet they don't smash his windows though :(

May have been the best course of action if you hadn't have confronted him first tho, or reported it to the police.

Still don't think the police will do much unfortunately.

2 times a worthless case for them to pursue is still worthless for them to pursue unless the other incident has bonafide footage, and even then it only suggests his liability for the other bump.

Never realised indicators were so expensive, was pretty surprised when I saw the prices some people are asking on eBay.

I think they can do nothing. And you just end up having him getting your address or something like that. The offended is an open book,whereas the offending part is protected but all kinds of crap. Happens many tiems.

I guess you could think of just letting it go, and be happy that you are not the poor woman who is married to that piece of c..p. Imagine if he reacts like this twice on a day, how is he to live with? A piece of s..t. A lowlife whit no moral and ethics. Poor family. Anyway, sorry for your loss.

Cheers,

Redfox.