CazzaVR

City Powder Coaters- Birmingham

I have heard them mentioned a few times on various local forums mate and have contemplated going to them for a wheel refurb in the past given their location! Be interested to know how you get on if you brave it! :)

Sounds too good to be true... want to get some feedback first before I make a 6hr trip and spend £100 on petrol. Local places all seem to be around £60 + VAT per wheel!

If I'm seeing you at a show in the coming weeks (Stanford?) I could pop into Birmingham and get some wheels dropped off with them if you could leave them with me for a while? Would help save a fuel bill.

Andy i'm getting mine done in a few weeks at Lepsons swindon, my mate craig is having his done too as they said if you do more than one set at once they will do trade price which is £51 inc. vat per wheel as opposed to £57. I have heard really good things about these guys.

Edited by lewvw
I'm a dumbass

If I'm seeing you at a show in the coming weeks (Stanford?) I could pop into Birmingham and get some wheels dropped off with them if you could leave them with me for a while? Would help save a fuel bill.

Jim, that's a kind offer! That would halve the fuel bill... I'll let you know. Thanks mate!

---------- Post added at 8:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:18 PM ----------

Andy i'm getting mine done in a few weeks at Lepsons swindon, my mate craig is having his done too as they said if you do more than one set at once they will do trade price which is £51 inc. vat per wheel as opposed to £57. I have heard really good things about these guys.

Thanks Lew. Will bear this in mind too...

Lepsons Kent office did my BBS RX's and they are still 100% after two years, recommend them.

Lepsons Kent office did my BBS RX's and they are still 100% after two years, recommend them.

Thats good to hear :)

Andy just let me know and i'll try and get a van to take 'em all at once.

Edited by lewvw

Thanks Lew- will keep you posted. Just also found out that the place who did my paint a while back do wheels. Will try to get a quote tomorrow.

this is a pic of one of my brothers BMW MV1 alloys that were done at city powder coaters, they were very very scabby with some major curbing and lacquer peel, they were acid dipped then the curbing was erased, then primed/powder coated and lacquered, and they charged him £80 for all four.

Seriously the finish is just amazing for £80 for 4 alloys.

2012-04-21155841.jpg

honestly Andy hand on heart you will not get a better job done for 3 x what my brother paid, i was sceptical at £80 for all four wheels but i was amazed at the finish, so much my RX2 centres will be going there to be re done.

---------- Post added at 9:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:47 PM ----------

Sounds too good to be true... want to get some feedback first before I make a 6hr trip and spend £100 on petrol. Local places all seem to be around £60 + VAT per wheel!

send them on a pallet, and then get them picked up?? or i can pick them up for you and then i can send them to you on a pallet, or meet you halfway.

Thanks for the offer Karl! This thread is showing what this forum is all about 8) Will let you know... between you and Jim, reckon we've got this covered 8)

Hi Andy,

Stella from off here picked up her sebrings from city powder coaters yesterday, and she is ging to the national day tomorrow so you can see what hers are like after there refurb.

karl

blimey that does look good. when are you looking at getting them done andy? [offtopic]oh - and send me your paypal address again - payments showing as unclaimed?[/offtopic]

I had my MK4 Anniversary wheels done there in chrome powdercoat.

I could pick faults being a painter by trade but you get a very good job for the money.

Just dropped off the Speedlines I got from off the forum at City Powder Coaters. They are very very busy and I'll not get them back until after the Bank Holiday on Wednesday. Will let you know if they are any good when I pick them back up. £80 for all 4 should be a bargain....but we'll wait to see the finished article.

Dropped Andy's wheels off yesterday (and enjoyed queueing for about 45 minutes each way in horrible traffic!) and they did seem to have a LOT of wheels lined up to get done. No wonder with those prices. Might well get the Storm wheels redone though if they do a good job.. those prices are a steal!

£80 does appear to be a bargain. Even at this rate they will make a good profit due to the amount of business they will get. Funny thing is there's a place just up the road from them that was trying to get my business. I only went in for directions and they said they would do my wheels quicker than City could...but they wanted £150...so I said no thanks lol

I think it will help forum members if we all report on how well they do our individual refurbs...

Edited by DriverVR6

Saw that other place up the road - had loads of alloy wheels stacked up in the street to lure you in?

Yeah - nothing puts me off more than a whiff of desperation! Well, when it comes to cars at least.. ;)

well i'm picking Andys alloys up for him when they are done, i have been there a fair few times (well i have had a few sets of alloys in my life) i will have have a word with Roger the boss, and ask him if he would do a forum discount in the future, well if you dont ask you dont find out??

and local places like Laptab and Pristine alloys send there alloys there to get refurbed, and then they charge you £150+

Jim, sorry you got stuck in traffic :(

Will post pics up when I've got them. Would be good to get as many pics as possible!