Alex Bracewell

Unknown connector in engine bay

Can anyone tell me what this connector is/ was for? I took it out the engine bay as all but one of the wires had broken and i wanted to get a better photo of it. It was located directly under the intake manifold. Is it worth re connecting? Thanks in advance for any help.

Looks like a Lambda connector. Does the G60 have a four wire probe?

I would go along with that.

Yes, Lambda Probe.

Red /White as per photo. Goes to Fuse 18 on fusebox via connector G1, pin 8, White plug connector, one of two whites at adjacent positioning.

Missing is...

Red/yellow. Goes to same as above, G1 pin 8

Green. Goes to connector D, pin 6 on fuse/relay plate. Green plug connector. Eventually ends up at the Digifant ECU and instrument panel.

Brown. Multi point Earth connection at Fuse/Relay panel.

Edited by RW1

Yes, Lambda Probe.

Red /White as per photo. Goes to Fuse 18 on fusebox via connector G1, pin 8, White plug connector, one of two whites at adjacent positioning.

Missing is...

Red/yellow. Goes to same as above, G1 pin 8

Green. Goes to connector D, pin 6 on fuse/relay plate. Green plug connector. Eventually ends up at the Digifant ECU and instrument panel.

Brown. Multi point Earth connection at Fuse/Relay panel.

Thank you, yes i found it was the lambda probe this morning, do you reckon it's worth connecting the broken wires back to the block (rather fiddly) or just getting a new one for £60, the car has 150k on it so chances are it might be past it's best anyway

The plug (rather, Socket) in your picture is the car side of the connection. The probes come with the male side. You will need to either reattach it to the car loom or bodge it and connect the wires directly.