emu

Would You Swap VR6 on G60 due to fuel economy ??

That's 20mpg over the same journey as before? Maybe because it's warmer the engine is getting up to temp quicker?

The only way you can tell really on a OBD1 is to do basic checks like plug colour, use VAG-COM to check for a faulty Blue temp sender, that kind of thing. 20mpg is definitely an improvement though! Also, see if you can take it out on a longer run and get it fully warmed up and see what kind of mpg you get then.

Also, see if you can take it out on a longer run and get it fully warmed up and see what kind of mpg you get then.

Longer runs are fins, around 36-38 MPG

Im averaging 26mpg in very similar commute driving with the VR. 20mpg in the RS. Aberdeen is a bloody joke for traffic!!

There is nothing wrong with your biggish size vr's,they are like buffalo at a water hole thats drying up :lol:

Why not drive to london hang david cameron thus making a revolt start,get fuel prices back to reality and we can all be happy and have a big party with,trumpets and cake and russian prostitutes.

Edited by corrado_sunderland

Finished my job bit earlier today and decided to go for a short spin. 30min calm driving around town and mph went up to 29 so I believe there is nothing wrong with my car :)