lion

electric window help.

Any one know how to fix this problem

Electric windows won't go back up, checked fuse box, they all fine,

They was workin 10mins ago....

Checked that.. all connections fine, is there a separate fuse that's not in the fuse box?

Thre's a 20 amp(I think) fuse above the relays. A bit difficult to see but it's there. Roughly central.

Thre's a 20 amp(I think) fuse above the relays. A bit difficult to see but it's there. Roughly central.

Thanks mate sorted now

And fiddly it is to get to! Just had to change mine as window stuck down and central locking stopped as well. Will keep a spare in the car now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since the temporary fix a while back, the central locking and windows no longer work and the fuse blows instantly.

I’ve disconnected the window switches and they’re getting power (poked one of those probe things in that buzzes). Still won’t take a new fuse with those left off.

Had a ball ache removing the rear trim to find the module thing. How would I test if that works? All wires seem secure.

I’m not good at this stuff! Any pointers?

If the fuse blows instantly then you have a direct short. ... positive going straight to body earth. Not good.

Try unplugging all the connections you can then replace the fuse. If it still blows, the fault is near the fuse box.

If not plug the connections back in 1 at a time until it blows... getting close.

Unplug all again and replace fuse . Now plug things back in but in a different order. Hopefully it will blow the fuse in the same area.

You then need a multimeter to test the wiring. I hope the above method helps you narrow down where to look.

A wiring diagram of the circuit will help to understand what colour wires are going where.

Good luck.

But keep posting

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks. Think it’s all beyond my abilities, will see if I can get a quote from an auto electrician, or just sell it as is!

The only time my mk2 gti broke down was after I’d changed the ignition leads causing one to catch fire and burn the end of the coil off!

If you soldier a test light to the blown fuse (2 wires to a side light)when you put the test light into the fuse which keeps blowing it will be very bright,

When you remove wiring,switches to find the dead short the bulb will go dim when you find the dead short

Hope this makes sense bit hard to describe on here

Since the temporary fix a while back, the central locking and windows no longer work and the fuse blows instantly.

I’ve disconnected the window switches and they’re getting power (poked one of those probe things in that buzzes). Still won’t take a new fuse with those left off.

Had a ball ache removing the rear trim to find the module thing. How would I test if that works? All wires seem secure.

I’m not good at this stuff! Any pointers?

This was happening to my Corrado - the hidden fuse was blown. It MIGHT be that there's something insde the

door panel itself that's making contact with the window winder mechanism and shorting it out - this was the case with mine anyway.

The guy at the garage secured the offending object well away from the winder mechanism, and all was hunky dory. Hope that may help you.