lilfuzzer

Lilfuzzers Blackberry VR6 Photos of proof !!!

Well I thought it was time to start a build thread on this one so I could keep up to date with what has been done and any future works until the car is sold.

I purchased this back in Feb 2011 as a non runner no tax or test and no interior. Basically thought that someone is going to break that, so I may as well, as it was so close to me. Sent a message and bought just from the ad picture. The guy I bought it off actually went to uni with me at the time so was handy in sorting things out easily.

Time to go and pick the car up! Went with my good friend J with the recovery truck. Took a spare battery just in case. Put the battery on and started ion a button. Good stuff I thought, one less thing to think about. Removed battery placed on the floor and the car was driven on the truck. It was dark when I picked it up but looked fairly clean apart from the white wing and bumper. Once home the caddy was pulled out and rado placed behind garage door. Fortunately Verity was in storage so not too many cars in the cul-de-sac for once.

As mentioned plan was to break it up for parts that I wanted to keep and hopefully get back enough to cover the cost of the car and make a few quid to pay for some of the bits on Verity.

However, a quick look in the daylight revealed that the underside of the car was very good. So with a quick change of plan I thought this may be too good to break. So thought quick punt on a MOT and see what its actually like. Drivers seat thrown in and booked in for the MOT. Hung around the garage for the results. The MOT guy drove it back up the road got out and had a bit of a chuckle (well actually a lot of laughing) as he started shuffling through lots of sheets of paper. Instant thought was its cattle trucked so back to plan A. However, he confirmed that the underside was really good and the failures were general maintenance, basically being sat for so long. Brake lines, rubber bushes etc. So thought sod it, save it! Left it at the garage to let them sort it and onto Plan B. Plan B = Drive this one around and break the sherry one that was pretty tatty.

Removed the interior from the sherry one and installed in this one and it became the new daily.

Summer 2011 seen us sell the house and was looking at living some distance from work so a daily diesel was required. Got offered a MK3 estate as a swap for the caddy so took the offer (that I hugely regret now as owned that caddy for 11 years). With this in mind it went up for sale as it stood. Basically done this, to show the current condition and leave for someone to have a blank canvas to work from, with a good base car hopefully.

In the meantime fitted a few parts that needed sorting: -

a set of fog intakes that I made to replace the broken fog light

newer headlights as the fixings in the originals were broken

Newer grill as the original had all the tabs broken top and bottom

In the beginning of 2012 we had a house lined up so thought it defo needs selling. Since no interest as it stood I thought paint it and get some interest. Prepping started and thought I’d have a crack at it myself. However with time flying as it does I booked it in to a local shop to get it done. It was booked in 3 weeks time, so I had to make sure I had the new slam panel sorted ready for them to paint too. Unfortunately time ran out to give them the flushed mirrors to paint too. So they are there still to do. Monday morning 2 weeks before Elsecar saw me down at the painters workshop stripping the car apart. Finished at lunchtime so left them to it and went home.

Phone rang on the Thursday, car finished today could you pick it up as need it out of the workshop for the other jobs coming in. Problem was the car needed rebuilding before I could drive it home. So drove it to my mates garage which is just up the road as I knew someone would be there late. Spent a couple hours putting it back together, left the slam panel for now as all the fixings needed putting back on before fitting. That weekend sorted the slam panel and fitted it with a new radiator as that decided to go on the Friday (typical!) The car had no radiator brackets so I had to rob them off Verity when the rad was fitted.

Also to add I seen the 928 slots (or drain covers as Eric knows them) thought that that may add some appeal to the car to. So sat and polished them in the living room over 4 weeks leading up to Elsecar before they were put on the car. I still have the speedlines so I have options for potential buyer to negotiate with the price.

Wheels on and car with 2 coats of wax and the car was ready for Elsecar. The drivers handle broke!!!! Damn had to use a spare one so the car could be opened. Once at Kip and Judes for the night the suspension still needed lowering. Kindly they let me do it on their drive so hopefully looks a lot better now.

The show was a good day out and received nice reception but no serious interest. L

Once back received a repair kit from Daves16v so I could repair the original handle and ensure the lock works. Quite easy job to do and very happy with how it works. Dave deserves loads of credit for those as great kits.

It continues to be my daily at the moment as the house purchase fell through L, but development continues.

The headlining was very dirty and I had some spare pillar trims so I thought what the heck I have done it before I’ll trim them. Material and glue bought the trimming begins. All the trim complete bar the b pillars. So I fitted that the weekend before last.

The car sits outside and since it has rained none stop for about 3 months I didn’t want to take the sunroof panel out and leave out while I trimmed that so it was sprayed black which has a pretty good finish so happy when I put it all in. I can’t decide whether to put the passenger grab handle back on yet, but time will tell.

So hoping the car will sell soon as already have another one (silver 2.0l) so I can TDI it for a daily.

However, as many of you will know me I can’t sit still too long so work has already started on polishing a manifold and rocker cover for this. As I have no proof of the tensioners being done, I thought that polishing these parts, head rebuild to do stem seals and while all apart, change the tensioners.

After that I don’t know what yet but hopefully Verity will be finished and I can start fetching her to the shows again.

Edited by lilfuzzer

That's going to be one super blingin' bay. You polishing up anything that'll take it ?

One a side note. I find a final polish with Vienna chalk gives a wonderful, lasting finish.

That's going to be one super blingin' bay. You polishing up anything that'll take it ?

One a side note. I find a final polish with Vienna chalk gives a wonderful, lasting finish.

Cheers buddy just fancied doing them as had spare ones :) Thanks for teh tip too I'll look into that :)

---------- Post added at 9:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:54 PM ----------

Looks class that chris :D got mine up for sale now :/

Shame bud what you getting instead?

Hey Chris,

What are you doing with the blackberry one then? Restoring or breaking or just using her as a daily?

I ask as I need a bonnet in blackberry as mine has a dent in it. I'm in Newcastle and so if you are breaking or want to do a bonnet swap with cash your way, let me know.

Cheers

Ron

Cheers russ

Sorry Ron unfortunately its being saved as bought as a breaker but turned out too good. Sorry mate although its a daily at the moment I wouldn't be prepared to do the swap as I would need to repair yours and paint that.

---------- Post added at 7:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:24 AM ----------

Although you could buy the bonnet for 2k and get a free car ;)

No worries matey, just thought I'd check! looking forward to seeing it finished

Cheers russ

Sorry Ron unfortunately its being saved as bought as a breaker but turned out too good. Sorry mate although its a daily at the moment I wouldn't be prepared to do the swap as I would need to repair yours and paint that.

---------- Post added at 7:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:24 AM ----------

Although you could buy the bonnet for 2k and get a free car ;)

---------- Post added at 1:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:13 PM ----------

By the way, do you know any good paintshops in the NE?

Hi mate there are plenty decent ones around for sure but sometimes one paint place can turn out a diff condition on different cars. Depends as since u need the bonnet doing are u planning to blow into wings?

Probably just do the bonnet, as its the only bad bit of the body......although when I bought it off Mookie he said that was the n,y bit and then once all the wax had worn off, I realised the rear bumper has had a knock too, he even did a thread on here......anyway, I was annoyed (along with the DDI dials being on the fritz too)

Just going to do th bonnet for now as rear bumper looks fine when waxed.

Ron

Well the guys that done mine done a really good job on mine if u want to have a look at it and they would prob give decent price too. They may get confusef however if I don't turn up in mine also

Well the guys that done mine done a really good job on mine if u want to have a look at it and they would prob give decent price too. They may get confusef however if I don't turn up in mine also

Sounds good mate, if you have time then it would be good to come down and have a look, if you can put me in touch with them. I need the bonnet doing and might get the rear bumper done too.

Well dont know if these should go on for teh local meet at the weekend or save them for Verity

With the standard of cars that is going to be there I think they may have to be!!!!!!!

i wish i had mine to go on mate , if i could id be putting them on for the meet , the only good thing is i took of my speedline and repaired the big kurbing incident lol , get em on

mmm although I want them on a car maybe should go for black d90s as going to run them this year rather that the polished slots

anymore thoughts

just been looking through your thread you still selling this any upto date pics as this is the sort of car and colour im looking for in the next 6 weeks