Nosmonkey

Starts the cuts out, possible immob problem?

Hi all, new to VR6's, but last night and today I went to start the car, car starts fine but the engine just cuts out dead unless you put your foot on the pedal a bit. No fuel starvation etc. cars runs perfect otherwise. Any ideas?

Immobiliser will cut it out regardless of how much throttle you give it tbh mate. I'm sure someone more swept up on VR's will be along shortly to add to this though as I wouldn't like to guess what else it could be. :o

That doesn't sound like the classic immobiliser problem to me.. when that occurs, the engine will start and run normally for about 1-2 seconds and then just cut out. If you say you're able to start the car and keep it running provided you give it some gas, then I'd say that's something else.

Might be worth getting it VAG-COM'd initially?

That doesn't sound like the classic immobiliser problem to me.. when that occurs, the engine will start and run normally for about 1-2 seconds and then just cut out. If you say you're able to start the car and keep it running provided you give it some gas, then I'd say that's something else.

Might be worth getting it VAG-COM'd initially?

It will rev but after maybe 2-3 seconds it will cut out. Sometimes it is fine though.

Hmm.. it could be the immobiliser. There's no harm in following the procedure to sort it. If you search (or possibly use Google and narrow down to the Corrado Forum by searching with something like this into the search box 'site:the-corrado.net vr6 immobiliser') there should be a quick 5 minute guide to cleaning the contacts for the immobiliser - might help you out!

It will rev but after maybe 2-3 seconds it will cut out. Sometimes it is fine though.

That sounds like mine was when I had the immobiliser fault, sometimes it seemed to fire up and run OK, other times it would fire and cut out dozens of times and maybe take twenty minutes to start up. Deteriorated over time until it finally gave up the ghost!

As Jim says, there's loads of information on here about immobiliser faults, have a go at cleaning up the contacts where the reader coil plugs into the immobiliser box, might just do the trick.

Fault sounds like the MAF playing up from what has been said. But hey long distance diagnostics is somewhat like having a rattlesnake in the lucky dip!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?x5ftue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk