Sign in to follow this  
Captaincook

Green Air induction kit Now fitted

Same design as the K&N only difference it that it is green.

Fitted it to my VR6 last night, under 3K not that much noise, above 3K Oh MY GOD, sounds like it wants to take off.

I had the same brand filter on a astra GSI and it never made any where near as much noise. I like noise at the moment, but I have a funny feeling that im going to chage it back to that std air box, only because its going to be to loud for a long run.

Can any one tell me what that canister under the air box does, it goes in to the wheel arch????

The canister under the airbox can be removed it was designed for hotter climate countries to cut down emmisions but seeing as the corrados are all reaching at least the 10 yr old mark it wont be doing anything anyway so it can just be removed and a cold airfeed plumbed in to the aibox in its place. There have been several threads covering this mod just use the search tab and search for carbon canister which should bring up all the old topics on how to do the mod

hope this helps

Ant

yea when i fitted my turn 2 cold air intake the carbon canister is right in the hole where the tube from the intake goes. i just ripped the sucker out. i heard a rumor that they actually changed that carbon canister emissions law for bill gates??? because he wanted a meclaren f1 in the states or somthing like that??? is that total bull?

Does it improve the performance of the VR much?? When i was looking to buy, i test drove one with a K and N and thought it was way to loud and boy-racery for me.

I heard a rumor that they actually changed that carbon canister emissions law for bill gates??? because he wanted a meclaren f1 in the states or somthing like that??? is that total bull?

Yeah I've heard that little tale too.

He is one of the most powerful men in America, not to mention influentially *very* rich, but I don't think the US of A would lower their emissions tolerance for the sake of Mr Windoze though!

Suprised he didn't just buy his own island to use it on!