Sign in to follow this  
Shilakadaddy

What order do people modify in?

This won't really work for everyone, but I was curious as to what people would do first modifying to their cars, if they could only do one at a time, one after the other due to money restrictions? (i.e. save up, buy something, save up, buy something etc.)

I like all areas of modifying my car... interior, exterior, performance and ICE and hope to turn my C into something that's complete with all these things in mind. Obviously I can't do everything straight away as I don't have the money... but as the money comes in, what would people do first?

I'm having a hard time trying to decide, I think the interior is ok, and the performance is more than enough, so that leaves me with ICE and styling... :confused4:

Chris

Clear side repeaters are probably the cheepest and first thing on my C that I sorted out... then came the FK lights followed by lupo wipers and de-badged grill 8)

depends which bit breaks first! ;)

I tend to work along these lines:

Brakes -> suspension -> exhaust -> engine -> interior -> ICE -> exterior 8)

Agreed with Henny, I always start with the suspension and brakes first so you can do more with the power you've got.

With the corrado i went in one big burst......

Brakes, Suspension, Engine and Exhaust.

I think under normal circumstance I would go the same route as above.

I cant bring myself to do the gearbox twice, but I really was and LSD now, but I am going to alter the gear ratios once I knwo the final power curve of the car....so the LSD will have to wait!

when i got mine...first thing i did was convert interior lighting to blue using LEDs and then came powerflow exhaust...then all ICE was collected within a few weeks and installed.

Then came a set of red tinted rear lights...

alloys, lowered suspension and de-badging / de-seaming and blue tinted rear lights were already on the car when i bought it.

since all that i have spent £500 on getting brakes all seen to and 2x engine flushes and oil changes...

next will be finishing touches such as leather and at the same time exterior work. i.e. taking care of respraying bonnet etc.

I tend to do both exterior and interior whenever i can...exterior costs more to do so i usually concentrate on interior first.

I class the ICE as interior as buying speakers/head unit can be cheaper than replacing discs/pads, shocks/springs and exhaust. :mrgreen:

depends which bit breaks first! ;)

lol :lol: I already have a nice list of things that need doing to my C before I can start on the fun stuff... (smashed fog light, off coloured headlamp, drivers door lock, charger rebuild, new rear tyres)

luckily the C I bought has already had the engine played with, really nice handling, I think the brakes have been uprated.. and some alloys. I'm actually pretty content with the way it looks, so I was thinking I'd concentrate on ICE, but now I've realised that my back tyres are pretty much dead, so I might start on alloys (will be getting 17's so will need new tyres when I get them anyway) but if I get 17's I'm going to need coilovers to make it look right... that kinda wipes out £1200 :shock: :(

Need another job :cry:

get a set of supersport coilies from germany...on ebay delivered for around £250 all in.

As for alloys...they'd only be between £500-700 depending what you go for really.

Why not just get the wheels for now then lower it...or buy coilovers and buy part worns for the rears...then following month get 17's?

Buy a set of new fogs and 2nd hand or new headlamp lenses from GPC- http://www.gpcvwaudi.com/

lenses are about £30 each....fogs not sure.

Has your corrado got an alarm?? if its got central locking you could just go for passat delocked handles and mechs for £25 max.

Charger rebuild..well darren aka Gwerks can do it for about 800 odd i think...

Do what needs to be done first, then concentrate on rest....i made the mistake of not and problems got worse..but its too much to list here. :(

get a set of supersport coilies from germany...on ebay delivered for around £250 all in.

As for alloys...they'd only be between £500-700 depending what you go for really.

Why not just get the wheels for now then lower it...or buy coilovers and buy part worns for the rears...then following month get 17's?

Buy a set of new fogs and 2nd hand or new headlamp lenses from GPC- http://www.gpcvwaudi.com/

lenses are about £30 each....fogs not sure.

Has your corrado got an alarm?? if its got central locking you could just go for passat delocked handles and mechs for £25 max.

Charger rebuild..well darren aka Gwerks can do it for about 800 odd i think...

Do what needs to be done first, then concentrate on rest....i made the mistake of not and problems got worse..but its too much to list here. :(

Some really useful information there, cheers dubbprince :D

I've just had a look on ebay and found something german... something for the corrado made by supersport -

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... gory=44158

who can speak german? :) I'm really tempted by this now, but trying to talk to this person is gonna be interesting. I'll have to find out how much Venom are doing these for nowadays.. it says on their website £399, but that was back in 2002. Lol I'm dreaming again, like you said I should sort the things that really need doing first like the supercharger and the tyres :roll: I'll PM darren now and find out how much a rebuild will cost :D

Charger rebuild.darren aka Gwerks can do it for about 800 odd i think....well

:lol: that price would easilly cover 2 std rebuilds...

u have pm too shillakadaddy

ahhaha sorry daz...i presumed thats the going rate :wink:

Chris...i'm pretty sure they mainly speak english anyway...look for a proper shop on german ebay and you'll be set.

If richard at venom won't lower their price, i can ring ollie from performance solutions and find out if he'll beat em?

my mate was chattin to some guy not so long ago to get some mk3 supersports for his vento, it was sommit like £200 for coilies and £50 delivery.

by the way, they're made in holland and can go by both supersport or RACELAND as their name...as they are owned by the same.

Sanjay.

I may be in contact in future, cheers :D

Thinking abouty this more I think my order of things is going to go in the direction of:

Tyres --> Supercharger Rebuild --> Random bits that need doing --> Reiger Grille --> Coilovers --> litte bit of ICE --> Exterior --> More ICE --> Interior

^ Big list :twisted: just need that lottery win :D

Are these coilovers any good I've heard mixed reports.

Who on here actually has them and what do you think of them?

to KW make coilovers for the corrado?

I've got a set of Supersport Coilovers on my Corrado which I bought from Venom... I'm very pleased with 'em and have been happy with both the ride quality and comfort they give as well as the handling improvement I've had from them... 8)