Harrier

Tour de France

Anyone else enjoying 'le Tour' at the mo.Bradley Wiggins & Chris Froome brilliant today. Imagine if Brad wins,proud to be a Brit right now !

I'm keeping an eye on it. The finish today was very impressive, will see what happens, hope Wiggin's win's. He was unlucky last year to go out.

Plenty of crashes this year! Some of the roads look awesome for driving too. I think Wiggins has a good chance to win this year as team sky look very strong.

The whole of team sky's plans for 2012 are based around Bradley winning the tour, his own training since Aug last year has been about it and he and the team have had many altitude training camps over the winter including sleeping at high altitude resorts.

Personally I think he could do it as he also has superd form after winnie both paris nice & the dauphine.

Today was a legendary day indeed and a perfect result for british cycling and team sky, just imagine if they won the yellow & polka dot jerseys and then cav won the green again! I dont think it's ever been done by the same team.

Keep it up boys were proud of you. :)

Ps yes I am a road man too lol!

I really want Cavendish to win a couple more stages, he's on 21 now and is sixth on the all time list of stage wins. Wiggo is looking better the hillier it gets, his team today were fantastic, i dont know where Cadel Evans team were, so important to have a strong team, could be the difference in the end....

I don't know a huge amount about cycling, can Team Sky support Wiggins to the overall win AND get Cavendish in the right positions in the sprints?

It's a tough task to be honest but cav knows how to do it without a team, he just needs to get onto a good wheel. This year is completely about overall and cav said before the tour that if he gets one stage that'll be a bonus, he's done that already so no pressure to try and bag more as in previous tours but if he gets to paris sagan better be watching :-P

just imagine if they won the yellow & polka dot jerseys and then cav won the green again! I dont think it's ever been done by the same team.

It's been done by the same man, let alone the same team; and on his first ever TdF!

Google eh lol! Yeah but not in our time as such if you know what I mean :-)

And Eddy wasn't even human either lol! He could nail a few beers too. Once met him too! Stood next to him while having a slash in the gents at a charity dinner and after both washing our hands we shook hands and spoke a while and he was a true gent being very enthusiastic to the questions I asked.

Edited by KIPVW

Haven't met any famous riders but Rob Hayles comes from Horndean,same as me !

Forget football,tennis,even motor racing.For me its the most compelling ,interesting ,exciting sport there is !

Funnily enough they did mention it in the commentary, about someone being called the new Merckx, cant remember who it was though.

It did remind me of that scene in only fools and horses when they shook hands in the toilet BEFORE they washed their hands....

Forget football,tennis,even motor racing.For me its the most compelling ,interesting ,exciting sport there is !

Its poor man's biking - bikes should have engines - big ones !!!!! Now that is exciting...................Moto GP, British Superbikes - Yeah !!

Yeah they like to try and predict who'll be the next Merckx but that'll never happen again, standards have come so much further now and other riders all having a much higher ability than in those days.

Do one Wendy lol! X

Its poor man's biking - bikes should have engines - big ones !!!!! Now that is exciting...................Moto GP, British Superbikes - Yeah !!

You felling ok Wendy 7.45 on a sunday morning and your up!!! Two weeks on the trot

Didnt want to read this thread as thought Bradley may have won but just finished watching the highlights. Followed the tour for many years. Very impressed with yesterdays stage great to watch. Also great for a brit in yellow.

I agree that if Cav gets a good wheel to follow I think he will be good for a couplle couple of more stages this year which will be good.

This is also coming from a guy that doesnt own a road bike

Oh and lets not forget about froome that was a great ride and turn of power to win the stage :)

Funnily enough they did mention it in the commentary, about someone being called the new Merckx, cant remember who it was though.

Probably Sagan. He's definitely one to watch in the next few years...

You felling ok Wendy 7.45 on a sunday morning and your up!!! Two weeks on the trot

Yeah, but no-one to cook me breakfast !!! :-) !!!!

Yep he blew the competition away in the time trial today. Looked very impressive.

Alan

I actually watched Sundays stage instead of the tennis lol. Loving it. Gutted as its a rest day tomorrow.

Yeah i had to cave in and watch it on tv at work as i usually wait to watch the highlights program on itv4, I work in the cycle trade so watching it at work is part of the customer relations lol! Bonus :)

It was obvious wiggo was going to win it today as he knew he could give it his all and enjoy a rest tomorrow, make no mistake though evans is a mean opponent and should not be taken lightly. Much as part of me is thinking it's nailed on i know anything can happen and usually does.

Time trials are definitely Brad's strongpoint being Olympic pursuit gold medalist so am also looking forward to the next time trial before paris, should be epic :)