Johnny H

Just found a puddle in my drivers footwell.

Just got in the Corrado for the first time since Tuesday and found a puddle in the footwell,

We have had loads and loads of rain in the last week in the southwest and my car is park pointing down the drive abit.

Has anyone got any ideas where it could be coming in from?

Thanks Johnny

Hi mate,

Had the same prob with mine, turned out to be the seal for the cold air intake for the blower in the scuttle area that had persihed. Was only a fiver for a new one from TPS.

The cold air intake is on the passenger side, and probably not causing the problem in the drivers foot well. I would suggest checking the drainage holes in the scuttle panel are clear of debris(blast them out with a high pressure hose nozzle), check your sunroof is sealing properly around the seal aswell as the drivers door seal. If all these appear fine then I would consider maybe taking the drivers side door card off and checking if the membrane behind it is sealed all the way round. Put abit of talcum powder along the drivers side inner sill first, close the door and spray a hose over the car and see if you can see where the water is coming from?

Hope this is of some help.

Rob. :)

The cold air intake is on the passenger side, and probably not causing the problem in the drivers foot well. I would suggest checking the drainage holes in the scuttle panel are clear of debris(blast them out with a high pressure hose nozzle), check your sunroof is sealing properly around the seal aswell as the drivers door seal. If all these appear fine then I would consider maybe taking the drivers side door card off and checking if the membrane behind it is sealed all the way round. Put abit of talcum powder along the drivers side inner sill first, close the door and spray a hose over the car and see if you can see where the water is coming from?

Hope this is of some help.

Rob. :)

Nice one thanks I have a good look. When it stops raining lol.

Are your driver's side lower shelfs dry ?

I will have a good look inside the car tomorrow and I'll see what's wet and what's not and let you know.

Why what are you thinking??

Mine leaked through the rubber grommet the bonnet release cable goes through !

My fuse box cover was soaking wet, if your shelfs are dry, most likely the door membrane

Good luck

It might of been the throttle cable !

Edited by dragon green

Mine leaked through the rubber grommet the bonnet release cable goes through !

My fuse box cover was soaking wet, if your shelfs are dry, most likely the door membrane

Good luck

It might of been the throttle cable !

I think it's wet under the pedals but not the sides, but I only had a quick feel (as you do lol)

Just had another good look and I think its the inner door sill.

Does anyone know if you can get them from the stealer??

If not has anyone got a mint one for sale please?

Thanks Johnny [ATTACH]68200[/ATTACH]

you got a sunroof?

Check the drain aint blocked

Yeah I've got a sunroof.

Where is the drain to mate?

This bloody Summer is doing my head in.

I dry the car out one day then it's wet the next.

The sunroof drains are on the four corners ! Front ones go down the A pillars, rear C pillars and out under corners of rear bumper.

Open sunroof and gradually pour a jug of water in the sunroof drain, you should have four puddles of water on the ground.Front ones are really easy to clean, you can see them in the sunroof aperture, get an old cable and just push down holes.rears is easier to take rear bumper off (4 bolts) and rod from rear to sunroof. If the sunroof drain pipe is split and leaking,(this will show up on the jug test) you will have to take the roof lining at least partially out

Oh dear.

Will have a go and fingers crossed its not to bad.

Just have to wait for the ground to dry up first lol.

Thanks for the info mate.

Just done the sunroof test with water and all is draining away fast and coming out where it should so cant be that.

Am i right in thinking its the door sill then??

Have you checked the door membrane is sealed properly,and the drain holes are clear ?

Not yet but will do now.

I'm so rubbish with cars lol.

Thanks dragon green