Swompy

AWD conversion

Going to look into doing a AWD conversion on my car.

what sort of things do I need to complete this then.

What would be the best system to use then? seen a few 4motions set ups for sale ( which might be easier concidering I have a 4motion engine fitted) but a couple of Golf synco set ups. which one would be the easiest to install ( I will be doing it all myself)

Will have to find away around the exhaust and drive shaft using the same space under the car.

Whats else will I have to take into consideration?

This is something I would love to do with my 2.0 16v. I have a friend selling a V6 4motion complete, it's had a rear end shunt but it drives perfectly. This is his clubgti build thread for his current track car:http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?252467-Fresh-mk2-TDI-PD-track-build . He could probably help you out with various parts for your project if you wanted!

Id love AWD on my 24v, just would not know where to start! That link above doesn't work by the way!

Well this is a challenge I have set myself to complete. will take pics at every step too :D

I don't need to get away from Combe early now, so you can take your time having a good look over it. Bring your camera!

I've often wondered about buying a Golf or Bora 4 Motion and doing a body swap. Literally drill out the spot welds on the floor pans of the Corrado and the donor and swap em over? As Jezza Clarkson would say, "How hard can it be?"

I like the idea of using ALL factory Haldex. I'm not keen on the mixing and matching of syncro bits n bobs but Dutch Dub used to do some handy conversion parts. But they seem to have fallen off the grid now.

been doing some research and a TT seams to have the closest match in track width to any other car I have seen. My friend has a TT so we have been thinking of going halfs on a written off one, I will have the haldex system and brakes and then we sell the rest on.

Still got plenty to look into yet tho.

From what I have found so far I need a Golf rallye rear beam assembly ( like trying to find a needle in a hair stack then) Seen a few on german ebay so far but nothing in the uk.

Found a good website that does a few parts I will need too

http://www.dutchbuild.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=15&Itemid=111&lang=en&vmcchk=1&Itemid=111

I've often wondered about buying a Golf or Bora 4 Motion and doing a body swap. Literally drill out the spot welds on the floor pans of the Corrado and the donor and swap em over? As Jezza Clarkson would say, "How hard can it be?"

I like the idea of using ALL factory Haldex. I'm not keen on the mixing and matching of syncro bits n bobs but Dutch Dub used to do some handy conversion parts. But they seem to have fallen off the grid now.

Didn't someone famous have this done on an american muscle car? I'm sure it was an old skool Challenger or similar body literally dropped onto the chassis/engine/interior of the latest model.

Didn't someone famous have this done on an american muscle car? I'm sure it was an old skool Challenger or similar body literally dropped onto the chassis/engine/interior of the latest model.

America used a body on frame chassis much later than we did in Europe so a lot of there cars are/can be converted more easily than a monocoque.

I can't see dropping a Corrado shell onto a TT frame being anywhere near the same job!

There was a GTO done on Pimp my ride for tanner foust a while back, that may be the one youre thinking of.. this is all i could find on it..

http://www.355nation.net/forum/images-video/23250-rockstar-gto-muscle-car-power-magazine.html

I've seen it done on a MK2 Golf before. A mint FWD MK2 was sent over to Holland to have a rallye or syncro floor grafted on. The finished result was immaculate, you'd never know the difference! Admittedly it's the same car, but the same principal applies.

Obviously if you graft a TT floor pan onto the Corrado, you'll be left with some interior challenges, but the TT seats would fit straight in ;)

America used a body on frame chassis much later than we did in Europe so a lot of there cars are/can be converted more easily than a monocoque.

I can't see dropping a Corrado shell onto a TT frame being anywhere near the same job!

There was a GTO done on Pimp my ride for tanner foust a while back, that may be the one youre thinking of.. this is all i could find on it..

http://www.355nation.net/forum/images-video/23250-rockstar-gto-muscle-car-power-magazine.html

heres the episode

i remember seeing this episode, and yea it wasnt simple,