MikeVR6

Recommendations: PSI Boost Gauge & Vent Pod

With the imminent fitting of my Vortech Charger I'm looking recommendations for a PSI Boost Gauge and Pod.

I already have the OEM Voltage and Oil Pressure pod in the cubby hole and I don't want to mess with the centre console.

I found this SWG Vent Pod do they fit ok? I've read mixed opinions on their Early-style vent pods.

The boost gauge should be 52mm, in PSI and match the original gauge cluster if possible.

Do gauges normally come with a sender?

Edited by MikeVR6

Get a spare vent and cut it in yourself, the SWG I bought was crap ! I spent a fair time choosing my gauge,mines got a white needle and green backlight to match my interior

5284ef7f-c0fb-95ac.jpg

Like wise - make your own. Gauge wise I like the Autometer sport comp range. Not quote a match, bu very good vacuum and boost gauges.

Here's a link to my homemede vent gauge (not the Autometer I hasten to add)

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?20906-JMC-s-G60-Dash-tweaks-22-8/page38&highlight=surrey+rolling+road

There a picture of the Autometer one on page 3 of my build thread.

Mine did, and I tapped into the feed to the MFA. What they may not come with is a t piece adpater of the right diameter though so thats worth checking. Also some are digital which means electrics and mounting a sender somewhere. To be honest go with analogue and as good as you can afford.

Doh, just realised yours is VR which presumably means no vac feed to the MFA. Presume you'll have to take it from the inlet manifold??

I'm definitely after an Analogue gauge. More in keeping with the car's age. The install is being done by Stealth, so Vince will know what to do. Also the reason I want to buy an off the shelf gauge pod as he won't have time to make one up. I'll just get the kit delivered directly to their place.

And yup, the car is an N reg Storm. One of the last VRs.

Edited by MikeVR6

Couple of things to ask Mike. Firstly, what boost pressure are you realistically hping to achieve. If you're only going to boost 10psi, then no point getting one which goes up to 35. Secondly, do you want one which read vac as well as boost - both are very useful in diagnosing whats going on with your engine.

Personally, in that range, I'd be more inclined to go with this one (if you are expecting less than 20psi)....

http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/78121/autometer-z-series-gauges/by2601.html

Autometer are good gauges for the money.

I'm not going to be running high boost so 20 psi is fine. Thanks for the recommendation, looks perfect!

Cool. The z series look similar to my sport comp series one, so should be a good one.

Good position for the boost gauge there Lion and boraboy. But mine has ABS and heated seats so no room there for one :(