voo51

Voo's violet VR6

After 14 months without my blackberry Corrado and about a year of searching, I have finally found an ice violet VR6 with black heated leather interior. She needs quite a bit of TLC but I love her! She was bought off a forum member who I managed to barter down on price over the period of 2 months. she has a mass of service history and has an mot, which is always a bonus and 112,000 miles.

The sunroof and drivers seat recline needs fixing, as well as the wiring to the aux water pump, front suspension needs fitting properly and various bits of trim are missing.

I plan on spending the next 6 months or so detail cleaning and sorting out all the niggles before really changing anything. Although the wheels will be going up for sale soon and the original speedlines will go back on until I decide what wheels to have.

I can't wait to get cleaning, just need some sun first!

de14d6e0.jpg

a98d37a8.jpg

60ff6fe8.jpg

ba18db86.jpg

Edited by voo51

Im loving that colour, got to be up there with the best flavour.

Very nice :thumbleft:

Ice Grey Violet has to be the best Corrado colour.. looks absolutely fabulous!

Thankyou so much, I was desperate for this colour, it was only the fourth VR6 in ice grey violet to come up for sale on gumtree, pistonheads, eBay and the forums in nearly a year. I am so happy I waited!

Really wish this blinking rain would stop now so we can bond!

very nice indeed. Ice Grey as above is really one of the nicest colours. Who was the previous owner from here?

It was G11 OWL . He didn't post much but had owned her for a few years. Seemed like a nice enough chap though.

Ice Grey Violet has to be the best Corrado colour.. looks absolutely fabulous!

Couldnt agree more with that Jim, best colour out there.

I want you to promise us that your NOT going to break this one !! lol

Haha, no chance! I regret doing it with my other one, I really wish I'd not sold my black roof lining ! ;)

That's a little belter. Like the wheels and good to see it has leather as well. Looking forward to further updates.

Looks lovely - are the wheels lenso bsx?

Yes they are, but they will be for sale shortly as the laquer on them is a bit naff and they have some scuffs.

As above, loving the colour. Any idea which wheel's you'll be after?

Hmmm, it's always a hard decision, I loved my Brock b2's and like how modernlines lookbut I would love some split rims, BBS Rm/RC/RS's maybe or Keskin KT1's, not sure. Whatever I have they must have mirror pished lips. Although they can always be changed, I think wheels are the hardest decision to make on a car as they can make or break it.

Any suggestions?

I think wheels are the hardest decision to make on a car as they can make or break it.?

very very true my friend!

It has been a while since I updated. This is because we had a beautiful baby girl. Now she is a little older and herDaddy can look after her I have started back on the Corrado with some detailing.

I have started to wash, clay bar, paint clean, polish and give many layers of wax to the bodywork. I have done the roof, bonnet and passenger side shofar. I have also removed the air filter and started to detail the engine bay.....

Roof..

ff8390c29da535a7822a4676087b8c56_zps1eacb911.jpg

Bonnet...

cd408402e9e2fae9e5dd0f1f23474e2a.jpg

Passenger side... Some orange peel..

20121027_152744.jpg

IMG_20121027_164515.jpg

IMG_20121027_164619.jpg

20121028_133640.jpg

Congratulations on your baby girl! My little lad is 14 months old now and is such good fun to be around. Maybe I'll bump into you & family at a show next year?

New Rado looks awesome by the way, glad you have come back to the fold. True Ice grey violet is one of the nicest colours, after twilight violet of course ;)

I will be keeping a close eye on this thread if your last one was anything to go by.

I too will be doing a big update to my thread in the new year after a bit of bodywork. ;)

Hey Sam!congrats to youtoo. I can't wait to take her to some shows! It is just a case of detailing bits when I can now which is enjoyable but it was so much easier when everything was done! Got years to get there again though!

I don't think I will be having the huge arches again but I will need them pulling at least.

Oooo look forward to your update as well!

Hello everyone!

I've not posted on this thread in years as I've popped out 2 children since!

As I'm now getting my life back I've started to get the Corrado ready.

It's been a hectic few years with head gasket issues, sometyingtosteal my wheels, my wheel falling off and then a garage wrecking my clutch and brakes.

Anyway...... I've been having a bit of work done ! I shall explain more once I figure out how fo post pics again!!

Just seen this thread and had a quick read. Such a lovely rare colour. Lovely you have kept it all this time. Look forward to reading about your future progress.

Edited by Billzeebub

Yes I've kept her ice violet grey as not only is it rare but I love the colour!!

Unfortunately we lost a family member last year but my Mum has kindly gave me a present of a bit of inheritance. I wanted to treat myself so..... I've had the Corrado welding issues fixed... there was ALOT of welding to be done!

I'll pop some pics on of the finished job in the next few days!