Sign in to follow this  
Ice White Socks

Ice White Socks's Mystic Blue Storm- The R32 eater ;-)

Very nice Mystic Blue...THE colour to have! :wink: Hard to see from the photos but have you lost your colour coded grille aswell? Mine had to be replaced for a black one after it was damaged and am undecided whether to get it colour coded again. Also, what milage you got on that now?

Very nice Mystic Blue...THE colour to have! Hard to see from the photos but have you lost your colour coded grille aswell? Mine had to be replaced for a black one after it was damaged and am undecided whether to get it colour coded again. Also, what milage you got on that now?

Yes I had the bonnet and bumper resprayed to get rid of the stone chips- the grille was looking a bit manky and had some tabs broken off so I went with a new black one. I prefer the black ones now- except when its really sunny (the special kind of light that lifts the mystic blue- you'll know what I mean..) when the colour coded grille looks best. Edit: Oh and the mileage just coming up to 110k :?

This is one of my favourite Storms, so sleek!

I want it!

Cheers mate :) TBH honest a lot is in the camera angle and the light though- the paint looks like that for about five hours a week- the rest of the time it just looks like plain dark blue :(

looks like that rocco needs some tlc lol. really nice storm supprised its still around. guess that xmas is not a fantastic corrado selling time

free bump :-)

looks like that rocco needs some tlc lol. really nice storm supprised its still around. guess that xmas is not a fantastic corrado selling time

Erm, thanks but its not for sale :roll: :)

Your right about the rocco- What it does have is an absolute minter of an interior- kind of an old skool tartan check- bolsters perfect an everything, apart from that its a bomb :lol:

nice pics. what camera are you using?

i just bought the fuji s9500 and the pics are amazing.... put them through level adjustment and sharpening in photoshop and you have yourself some pretty pro looking pics!.

...shame i havent got a decent car to photograph at the moment though :(

Yes sorry to hear about your car- its such a shame to see a car meet its maker like that. I wonder what would have happened if you had been in the rado really? would it have been *that* much worse?

The cameras nowt fancy in fact it came from Aldi- but its 6.3 megapixel and is apparently identical to quite an expensive branded camera whose name escapes me. But yeah the pics have come out alright :)

Cheers

I really want the 288 brake setup on mine, one day i'll get round to it! They look superb. How are you liking the stopping power then ?

Very nice motor by the way!

Looking Good Mike,the brakes fill the wheels well

Cheers James- yours aint lookin so bad either :wink:

Dan A- The stopping power really is improved- much more 'feel' and 'progression' in the braking (the goodridge lines might make a good difference as well)- plus they really fill out the wheels

Cheers for comments anyway :D

Yes- its in Buxton, Derbyshire. The place looks lovely when the sun shines- unfortunately thats not very often and the rest of the time its truly grim!

Yes I was pleased with the photos- the mystic blue is such a funny colour- in the first pics on page 1 it looks almost black- the last ones look like a light twilight violet!

So many Corrado colours are like that - my old Dark Burgundy Pearl valver - looked so different depending on light, black, purple, red even browny sometimes! Crazy. Even my Aqua Blue one can look so different. It's a fun element to have though.

Mike - I think you're car is chiefly responsible for the way mine looks at the moment!

You really made me want Solitudes.

Well the puma came and went- best handling car I ever had

Got offered an R32 at a good price- nice car and its everything everyone always says it is- Fast, comfortable, secure, sticks to the road well etc. Had a sneaking suspicion the Corrado was always faster though- proved yesterday when I handed a bit of a kicking out to another mk5 R32 yesterday- actually pulled a good 2 car lengths out from 40- 80mph :D

ETKA Corrado.pdfDSC00464.JPG[/attachment:1twddrhj]

Golf is going to have to go as have a new 1 series company car coming in April (PM me if anyone is interested- 06 manual in black with 30k on the clock)

So its back to the Corrado! Been a few changes in the last few years including new KW V1's, new windscreen, new headlight glasses, recon-sunroof, new rear calipers, discs and shields and a nice full machine polish!

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfDSC00426.JPG[/attachment:1twddrhj]

Corrado92.pdfDSC00423.JPG[/attachment:1twddrhj]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC00428.JPG[/attachment:1twddrhj]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC00430.JPG[/attachment:1twddrhj]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00443.JPG[/attachment:1twddrhj]

DSC00454.JPG[/attachment:1twddrhj]

I raced my buissnes partner in his brand new 3.2 tt last year when i first got my rado and mine also did a number on that :grin: