waski186

US corrado

Hi everyone.I bought G60 US spec and it was without the side markers.I just get them but the wires are missing.Anybody know the type of bulbs and bulb sockets for those side markers.cheers...

nothing inside the bumper.i will simply connect it but i dont know which bulbs going inside and which sockets i should use

---------- Post added at 9:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:30 PM ----------

Yeah I have them already but without the bulbs

---------- Post added at 9:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:31 PM ----------

All I read somewhere is that I have to use W5W bulbs and sockets.I need to confirm this...

thanks to show me this.I will try to look at this somewhere

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:52 PM ----------

not easy to get the original one.I will try with the standard w5w sockets...

The original ones are right-angled because they have to fit around this reinforcement piece on the back of the bumper.

corrado-bumperchunk5.jpg

If your bumper doesn't have these parts on the back on then it's been converted from a Euro-spec bumper. Note dragon green cut holes in his UK bumper to fit them which is why they're so far forward.

Part numbers:

Side marker (left): 191 945 119

Side marker (right): 191 945 120

Bulb socket: 191 949 111

snap nut (one required per side): N 015 448 7

If you're restoring it to the original spec then they are permanently lit up, but to be UK road-legal you have to have them flash when the indicator for that side is on. You can do this by wiring one side to 12V and the other to the indicator feed in the front lights; then the side marker will be on when the indicator's off and vice versa.

Stone

Edited by Stonejag

thanks for info about the law.My rado is original lhd us spec g60 and have all the parts behind the bumper.I will think about connection with the indicator or i will connect them with some switch just to use it sometimes.thx..

If you don't have side repeaters like the UK ones (which you shouldn't) then you need to have them function as indicators as they need to be visible from the sides for the MOT and the front/back ones don't put out much light to the sides at all. Even if it's not original it will be much safer!

Stone

If you don't have side repeaters like the UK ones (which you shouldn't) then you need to have them function as indicators as they need to be visible from the sides for the MOT and the front/back ones don't put out much light to the sides at all. Even if it's not original it will be much safer!

Stone

THIS

My US Corrado has been in the UK for most of it's life and always had the side markers set up as side repeaters to get through the MOT.

this is good idea and easy to do.but my problem is that i have the normal spec wings with side repeaters and it will be to much.or I will block them completly and as You said use the markers as the side repeaters....