Rorgasm

G60 Project

After all the thoughts rattling around my head of converting my valver into a G60 engine this week has put a stop to it. Found a G60 on Gumtree in need of some desperate TLC. Went up to view the old girl today & ended up driving her back home.

Last MOT advisorys are as folowed.

Near & offside Suspension rubber bushes deteriorated front & back.

Near & offside anti-roll bar bushes deteriorated

Slight play in the wheel bearings.

Rear discs slightly worn.

168000 on the clock but I have a rebuilt engine with a port & polished head sitting in the garage. That said the engine in her at the moment runs extremely well but the supercharger could do with being reconditioned.

Bits that clearly need to be done are;

Above advisorys

Interior

Windscreen

Bodywork repaired

Paint work but will wrap the car as a short term solution

Engine change

Supercharger rebuild possibly made into stage 4 charger

Windscreen wiper mod

Head light loom upgrade

Suspension

Tyers

Window rubbers

No doubt once I get started there will be a lot more things but that's the life

The Raddo came with a supercharger rebuild kit from Jabba sports Clifford G5 alarm & a skyline inter cooler. New Stainless power flow exhaust, slimline rad fan, 02 sensor, water pump, engine mounts, steel solid front mount & battery.

Picked all this up for £700 see feeling quite smug at the moment. Here are some pics

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68640[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]68641[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]68642[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]68637[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]68638[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]68639[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]68643[/ATTACH]

Nice little project you have there.

Get some more pics up of the valver looks stunning in the last pic ;)

Just couldn't resist ESP with all the spare parts I've already have. The seller was a nice fella too, had already turn down a couple of potential buyer as the only wanted it to break for parts.

Gonna start on my letter to Santa later today so he has plenty of time to source the parts I would like:cool:

What make of bushes would you recommend guys????

I'd always go OEM mate. Unless your tracking it or something?

What's happening with the valver now?

Hi Abdul,

Thanks for the advice, wasn't sure if there was a 'must have make'. People have suggested tracking it but I can't see myself being able to afford it. I cringe at the first hurdle......suspension.......I know I should invest in some decent coilovers but they are damn expensive!! that said feel free to share what you would do if it were your project:)

Just been down the breakers to gets some grey interior carpets, dash & pillars. To go with the grey leathers that use to be in the valver.

Do you know how much a late heater controll & box should roughly cost?

Still got the valver:) The G60 is just something to keep me busy but I won't rule out putting the stage 4 G60 into the valver if it runs well. The Valver runs so well at the moment it would be a shame to mess about with her.....time will tell I suppose.

What are you rolling around in these days mate?

Morning all little update on the G60 project. been buying all sort for my project the last 4 month. Turns out luck is on my side & i work 2min from JMR. John & Troy have been fantastic the last few month & pointing me in the right direction for my rebiuld & giving me plenty to think about. That in mind Christmas came early for me yesterday & picked up 2 Superchargers i asked John to recondition & sort out rough stage 4 job that had priviously been done (i wont mention any names) & here is the result:smug:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71044[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]71045[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]71046[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]71047[/ATTACH]

Right then, finally got some work done on the project & started stripping the old girl down. Interior is out & ready for a late dash & leather interior & the engine is out:thumbleft:

Managed to get hold of a CTN gearbox as well as many other bits....the loft has become an Aladin's cave:rolleyes:

here are some pics of the progress for those who are interested.

Hope you all have a good Bank Holiday weekend:cheers:

[ATTACH]74370[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]74371[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]74372[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]74374[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]74373[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]74375[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]74376[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]74377[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]74378[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]74379[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]74380[/ATTACH]