Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

So what did you do to your C over the bank holiday??

So what have you all done to your cars over the bank holiday?

I have just spent 5 days doing nothing but work on my car! :-P

The GF went home to her folks and I went back to mine where my Dad has a nice workshop etc.. to make stuff in. Lovely!

I have done some quite significant mods to the car over the weekend, but I have not finished it yet, so am not giving anything away till its all done. tee hee hee.

Anyone else managed to get out of DIY etc.. to work on the car?

J

I bought £175 worth of speakers to replace the existing originals for the wonderous sum of £51.60 :-P So far only managed to get time to fit the rears and one of the door card speakers. Should sond much better when it's all done. Apart from that I was working :( But was on double time today so 8)

All i did was put some miles up on my one!

About 600 over the weekend! :lol:

De Bug/Tar - Clean Wheels - Shampoo - Rinse - Wax - Windows - Hoover :)

Then swapped over ming silver wipers for stock black ones at last.

Then emptied out my skank-tank (DIY boost return catch bottle with its yellow bong-esque water)

Also fitted some Infinity 6x9s - that was on Thursday night but I guess that counts for the long weekend.

Oh and took some photos: http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9508 :D

Not that I actually had a holiday here in Scotland - get next Monday off though 8)

did shed loads... The car is now finished except for the starter motor which has decided it didn't want to play, and the last few bits which should be arriving this week and then it can go in to get sprayed... 8)

Oh, and then cleaned out the interior a bit after my fire extinguisher went off... :oops: :roll:

Not that I actually had a holiday here in Scotland - get next Monday off though 8)

hehehehe.....you should get a job with the local council then......off last friday and monday then off again next monday too :wink: .........just a pity my C is still in getting painted :roll:

No fair! :)

Roddy - did you mention to the guy about possibility of getting my car in sometime for the wing?

No fair! :)

Roddy - did you mention to the guy about possibility of getting my car in sometime for the wing?

tis very fair :p:p:p :lol: :lol: :lol: .............forgot about yer wing tbh.....but hopefully when i pick mine up the end of this week(fingers crossed) will mention it

Give it a wash, cleaned out my arches, backs of the wheels & engine bay.

Also had a play with the noise the return boost hose makes.

Oh, and re fitted a boost hose that came off :roll:

Gave my Corrado a good wash, hoover, and clean inside ready for the Malvern show on Sunday.

Did Malvern on Sunday which was great, and then yesterday I went to Halfords and bought a bottle Zymol wax (obviously not the advanced stuff like has been mentioned on here before, but this stuff is like a more basic version - still cost £12 though!) but didn't trust the heavens not to open so i'll have to wait to try that stuff out.

changed a fuse so the main beam would work :)

Same here....all 4 beams out.....due to two manky and corroded fuses.

And I actually cleaned and polished the car yesterday, which is most unlike me!

Replaced the automatic aerial on the Storm Rocco, washed the Rado for the Malvern event (which was great), changed the Lambdaprobe on the Rado, treated some minor rust spots on the Rado, and today back on the treadmill again :cry:

Still to come: Check for current leakage on the Storm, as it wouldn't start today - flat battery (thought I'd treat myself on my way to work with clear roads in Coventry) :cry: , check the Cat on the Rado, finish some minor painting on the Rado ... when is it time to go home again?

Tempest

Gave mine a good wash & polish (perfect polishing weather in West Yorks yesterday - dull but dry). Put my new 17" Audi TT rims on, (see gallery... yeah, i know... it needs lowering!).

Robbo

Washed the Golf on Sat night to drive upto the Elsecar megameet on Sunday....the other 3 days were spent cleaning, tidying, and repainting the whole inside of the garage!!! :roll:

Car spent the wkend parked up in the garage while we were in Leeds.. saw loads of rados about too!!! 8)

Was gonna fit the new rear discs and pads, but the dumb stealers gave me the wrong discs, so i've had to wait till today to change them. New ones won't be arriving till tomorrow, so i'll have to wait till next weekend now! They did throw in a free set of bearings though :)

I washed both my cars on Sunday. That was about as energetic as I got this weekend.

I washed my G60, it was very dirty! :shock:

Now that it is cleaned, i can see that it´s needing a nice painting... Gotta save up some money... :(

This brand new charger has took away all my savings... :?

But it worths, the car is running really better, so i went for a nice and calm ride, as it helps for the charger running period too! :)

Raised the suspension a little and treated her to a Swissol all over.

Water only has to look at the car now and it runs away!! :twisted:

Stripped whole interior out, fitted new wiring loom, replaced seat bolster, did a bit of engine bay cleaning and washed outside with zymol :wink:

Started to fit my coilovers but couldnt find my adjustment spanners :oops:

Wil start on the dynamatting next weekend fingers crossed!

I just sort of looked at her. Had no bumper on the front so I haven't been driving her around. Still as per previous posts work has begun.